Monday night I got on the Internet to do our progress report for the ward, and got there just in time to see that mom had emailed me to tell me that I got into BYU. the best!! It´s been one of my biggest goals. realized later that from 2007 I started trying to get into BYU. Feels great to be able to go back and immediately start to go after new goals. Thanks family for helping me out, especially MOM! You guys are the best.
I started to think that it´d be cool to stay home with you guys for the summer, but i realized that my admission depends on my attendance to summer term. Oh well, i´m sure it will just be a good excuse for you guys to come up to Utah to get away from the heat.... I hope.
I started looking at the classes i have to take and realized that I only have two generals left. Snikes. One of them being a writing class. HA, i thought it would be a good idea to acustomate me to English before taking that class. So I really have to start to think about what I want to major / do with my life. life's nuts. But I figure that I can really start to establish that when I get back for fall because i won´t be able to fill my schedule with generals anymore. But I´m super thankful that I´ve learned to depend and seek guidance from the Lord.
Last night while I was trying to get to sleep, I was thinking about the power of knowledge, and how it sets everyone apart. About how liberating it it is. How my vision of life and how it is completely enveloped in God´s plan changes everything for me. This week I was teaching a family we found while knocking doors in the rain, they told us they opened up the door for pity, but as we asked them questions concerning their lives and the gospel, that pity left and the spirit entered. One of the sons was studying to be a tattoo artist. I asked him what made him happy in life, he responded by saying that he has goals, projects in life and what makes him happy is striving to complete them. We told him that is great, but then we asked him how he is going to make him happy when he´s reached or left those goals. He sat for a second, and said that he had never really thought about it. I realized that we can never have true eternal happiness if we never have true eternal goals. That is why I feel that knowledge, testimony, changes everything.
This last week I was able to go back to CampiƱa(the area that i was at here in suba about a year ago for 6 months), and visit a bunch of my converts on divisions. It was super rewarding to see how some of them have progressed so much. Some have received the Melchizedek priesthood, some are getting ready to receive their patriarchal blessings, others preparing for temple marriage. My first baptism in Bucaramanga received her endowment in January. Others have fallen away from the path a little bit, but I still know that God is aware of them and some day he will call them back again, and they will have the opportunity to feel the blessings of the gospel in their lives.
Life is great. Suba is the best. We´re teaching 73 year old Jaime to get his life back on track. He´s made plans to get baptized the 19th of march.
I love you all x infinite
e. adams
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment