Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The spirit teaches

Familia!

I write you from my other home! Bucaramanga! Friday night we got a call telling us that we were having an emergancy transfer, that some elders weren't getting along, so they sent me here! best change ever! When i started the mission I knew i wanted to come back and finish it here in Bucaramanga. its the best. so different then Bogota. The ward is great too. My son, elder ramirez (the huge chilean), is a district leader here so we have interchanges with them tomorrow. I'm pumped to see how he's progressed after a year in the mission. My companion is elder zamora. the best! he's from ecuador. It's most likely that i'll have a new companion here in a week or so when there are actual transfers. It was a great four months with elder huaita. such a great kid. Probably one of my best companions. super stud.

I'll explain yesterday afternoon so you can understand how great Bucaramanga. We saw an area that my companion had never contacted so we went down to knock some doors. We knocked on about 5 doors and we had four lessons en a row. what's up! three of which invited us to come back and showed some potential. The people here are great. I believe its because of the temperture, and it Bogota it's got a lot of the big-city hard-to-trust syndrome. But I still love that city.

Mom, I already talked with an old companion that is going to be living up in provo for the summer. His name is Mike Larson. I just sent him an email so i'll try to get you the status and his phone number as quick as i can.

A couple days before I left Bogota we had a lesson with la familia buitrago, clara, the mom, and manuel, her 17 year old son. Every time we go to the house you just get overwhelmed with the spirit. Anyways, clara in the middle of the lesson after telling us how much she wants to get baptized, told us she wanted to know how Manuel felt about the whole baptism idea. So we asked him. He said he's thought about it everday. And he's thought about how many little things have been changing in his life over the past couple weeks, He told us that he use to say swear words in high school, and he's noticed that he's stopped doing that, and that he fells like he really has been changing and repenting. He's awesome. His mom is so proud of him that he walks to church with his book of mormon in his hand without caring what the other kids think. So when he told us this i started to think ´´when did we talk about using good language with him?´´ and I realized, never. It was only our 3rd lesson. I learned how important the Spirit and a personal desire to change is. When the people have those two things, they really don't need us too much, because when they complete with the commitements that we ask them to do, the spirit starts to work in them teaching them and showing them and helping them to change the little things. We can't teach them everything, but the Spirit is always there, helping them along the path.

''the Holy Ghost, ... will show unto you all things what ye should do.'' 2 nefi 32:5.

Thanks for everything that you do all do for me.

les quiero muchismo!

e. adams

No comments:

Post a Comment