Sup!
Congrats Grads! MikeSteff! you better make your first million before I get back or else!
Welp things are going great around here with my hijo, Everyone continues to comment on his large-ness, its pretty impressive. But he's lost about 20 pounds since he started the mission, so yeah, he's slimin and thinin down and ready2go!
He's told me a little bit more about his life. So his mom died when he was 10 or so, then he lived with his grandma tell she died when he was 16, so that's when he started living on his own. It's been a rough life, but he's doing great here. haha he speaks all day in chilian slang that i don't understand but i'm sure little by little he'll succomb to la vida Colombiana. I'm pretty sure that his situation affected him a little bit, he's 24 but acts much younger. But i'm impressed by what he's becoming. He 's only has about 7 months active in the church, but he's learning alot and I'm sure by the end of the change he'll be a rockin´ those lessons. Right now with my gringo spanish i'm forced to teach about 95 percent of the time, it's made me realize the need to improve my spanish, but God blesses us in our weaknesses.
God has blessed us with a plintitud of elect investgatodors (i have offically forgotten my, already bad, english grammer. will you please forgive me. I'm pretty sure I mixed that word with english and spanish. oh well). I'm excited to see some new families progess in the gospel. One of which is a teengager that is part of an inactive family. They were inactive for more than 3 years, now there back and lovinit. They are now making us lunch two times a month. We found out about them from a sister that did her visiting teaching. Oh the power of visiting teaching. Visit all of your families! Try to the max to visit the ones that aren't active and reciving the blessings that God has ready for them. And of course this applies to home teaching as well! I'm pretty convinced that more than a half of the inactive families in the world would have stayed in the church, if they had visiting and home teachers that visited them monthly. All this family needed was a little push, now their eternal conditiones have drastically changed.
I'm still lovin the CampiƱa.
Today went bowling again, got a 125, movin on up, what's up! pretty positive. 3 more weeks and I'll be bringing home the 300. On our way home in transmelinio we got stuck for two hours in a traffic jam because there was a protest against transmelinio. The more I'm affected by liberal acts, the more i lean to being conservative. But Barrack you still got my heart! Oh, america.
But oh how I love Colombia. My companion told me that I eat a lot of rice. I now feel more comfortable eating my rice and beans than going over to the KFC across the street which I am yet to try. It'll probably take me some time when I get back, to get into the swing of our fastfood american lifestyle.
love you all to the max, max max!
e. adams

No comments:
Post a Comment