Looks like you guys had a killer trip to Disneyland! Oh, how I love that place. But, like Nehemiah said, "I am doing a great work and cannot come down (to go to Disneyland)." Haha please tell you got that epic gunfight between woody and preston on video. Such wit. Jess please have them write me. As a matter of fact, I would love a letter from anyone! Only mom and dad remember me. But I’ll quit feeling sorry for myself now.
Ha, defiantly the unexpected happened these past two weeks. Oh gosh. So the other week , the dad of a convert of mine was baptized and confirmed. After church I was filling out some missing information with him on his bautismal record (i´m not exactly sure how you say that in English). Anyways, the day before a close family here asked if me if they could barrow my camera for a temple trip or something like that, so they gave it back to me in church while I was filling out the information, so I sat it down next to me as I finished up, then my companion called for my help and so I left for a second and came back, and picked up my stuff and left. So we walked back to house, which is a block a way, and I realized when I picked up all my stuff my camera wasn’t there, so I called a friend that was still in the chapel to look and he said it wasn’t there. We then walked, or better said, ran back to the chapel, and as we entered, we found Jesus (the man that was baptized, and what irony of a name as your about to find out) and his son and daughter in law (Familia Silva, they were baptized in January) walking out of the chapel. We asked them if they had seen it, and with a mouth full of lies told me that they had not, and rather guilt fully said ´we didn’t take it!’. Ha, so I was looking for it all week talking with the members, hoping someone would be honest and give it back. Until today when we invited the cousin of Giovani, Oscar, to play soccer, he took me aside and told me exactly what had happen. He found out yesterday, from his mom, that Jesus had taken the camera, when I left, and showed it to Giovani, and giovani told him instantly that they weren’t going to give it back and they were going to sell it. They ended up selling it for 50 bucks, to upgrade their apartment. Oh gosh. When Oscar told me this it just about killed me. Never felt so betrayed. The funny thing is he called us this past week to help him move, which we did, and to bless his new apartment. Oh and how right after they stole my camera they went in to have an interview for temple recommends. Three people that I taught and baptized, stole from me. We had done so much for them, and I thought they were genuine. And now I difficulty have to think, what would Christ do, and I am yet to figure it out.
Shoot. I just waisted my whole time writing about this garbage. I’m, dumb, I had a bunch of sweet experiences this week, but I had to tell about my thieving converts. But don’t worry I wont ask for another camera.
HA, but other than that! Things are going great! We had 10 investigators in church yesterday, and we continue to be blessed in finding new people to teach. We’ll probably finish up may with 7 baptisms! Super pumped!
So I’ll call Saturday night, to arrange the time we’ll talk. With our conflicting church schedules, and the time when Todd is calling, it’ll probably have to be at like 7 at night my time, when you guys get out of church. Shoot. But dat don’ matta! Because that just means we’ll be able to finish Mom’s day of strong! Love you all!
Tu hijo, hermano, amigo,
e. adams

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete