Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ahh! Bogota Temple visit

por fin!
So i'm writing on a Tuesday because our p'day was changed to today. I'm sure you were waiting with much anticipation. que pena. Our p'day was changed because twas our turn to go to the temple and its not open here on Mondays. The deal right now is that every zone here in
Bogota has three times set each year that they go to the temple. I hadn't been able to go for 8 months, the whole time I've been here in Colombia so I was super pumped this week. Oh and how great it was. I wish I could go more. What peace! I haven't felt so peaceful in my whole mission. The spirit of Christ can dwell there, and I felt so much love during the whole session. I was filled with answers the whole time. I believe that one of the most powerful tools Satan uses against us and our testimonies is that he influences us to forget the things we once knew. Sometimes this happens within in hours, days, or months, but what ever the time period our inability to remember will make us more likely to do the things we wouldn't do if we did remember. When I was in the MTC my teacher always quoted mosiah 4:30, ''And now, oh man, remember, and perish not.'' And how true it is. But I thought in the temple, the Lord gives us many things to help us remember the temple when we go to the temple, the session we do for someone after we done it for ourseleves is exactly the same. At least for me it has helped me remember the promises I've made with God, who I really am, and what I can become.
The scriptures they are my everyday help to remember Christ and his sacrifice for me. I often find scriptures that I found and loved, but after time I had forgotten to apply. Like the sacrament
we take it, or at least we should, every week. In it we renew our covenents and promise to remember Christ throughout our week by keeping the commandments.

I felt that these three things, if we utilize them in the way we should we will be ''stired up in the remembrance of our duty', and ''perish not''.

Well that is something I was thinking about today. But yeah after the temple we went to the Museum of Gold. Basically thousands of artifacts of Gold from pre-spanish Colombia. Twas legit. I'll send pictures. After that we went bowling. got a 96, yeah I know legit. just a couple spares away from 300, right?

But yeah, 98.4% sure i'm getting changed this next Tuesday. I know for sure that at least huaman or I am headin' out.

I'm sure we can skype for mothers day. Well gmail is better but yeah. I'm pumped.

welp I'm out of time. love you all TO THE MAX!

e. adams

No comments:

Post a Comment