Im so glad you guys enjoyed conference as well as I did. God spoke to me, He spoke to my companion and he spoke to my investigators. I left with many answers, much instruction and a lot of hope and desire to apply those messages the Lord sent me. I was able to watch every sesión but Sunday morning in english with elder larsen. It was great. I can understand all of it in spanish but its just not the same. I just downloaded the Sunday morning sesión cause i got stuck in a corner with a bunch of kids so i couldn't focus. But thats the great thing about it is We have 6 months to study and review those talks. I encourage all of you to get your hands on the ensign (they call it the liahona outside of the US) and read every talk at least once over again. I gurantee that you will have added insight that you didn't have this weekend of which you will need in the exact momment you read it. I know its helped me more than I could had hoped for in my misión. The truth is, no matter how intent I was, I cannot remember even the majority of what was said in all 10 hours, but the great thing is, I remember all about how I felt and the countiunal faith building feelings that what we teach and learn is true. That Christ lives, and this is his church and he has prophets , and with the desire to be more faithful and obedient. It was great to leave the priesthood sesión and hear my companion say ‘this stuff, all of it, is true’, and that night for the first time in three weeks, he prayed on his own. He is now deleteing his worldly music that was driving me nuts, I hope this conference will keep him moving until he can be rejuvinated in 6 months.
Oh and like how Mom said, its great to know that the talks aren’t orginized before hand. I had a professor last year that edited the talks for conference, and he told in addition to that, almost directly after they finish with conference, they start preparing for their next talk. When I was in the MTC David A. Bednar said that he had finished with a talk, but woke up in the middle of the night, and realized he needed to write his talk about something else. He then realized why during the conference when the talk before and after him all built upon each other.
For some reason, I was just over whelmed at the end of the conference. Listening to the choir sing Abide with me tis Eventide, then President Monson give his closing remarks. I just felt so much the love of God, and the beautiful things he has filled this wonderful life with, and then listening and looking at President Monson, and feeling and knowing more than ever that God himself was speaking through this man. Oh how true it is that ‘Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secrets unto his servants the prophets’
Changes are in two weeks, the 18th of April. I’m pretty sure I’ll get changed, but there is still a bunch to do for me here in Campiña. Sorry if my letter was a drag, but just couldn’t get my mind off conference!
I’m so happy here, and I know the divinity of this week. I know that my diligence here will have eternal consequences. And I’m so thankful for and love all of you!
Hasta luego,
e. adams

No comments:
Post a Comment