Sorry, once again we had a conflicting activity Monday, happens. haha I guess there is a grand panic in the household if I don´t write Monday, probably thoughts involving me being abducted by the cartel or other intense situations, so i´ll do my best to write the week before if I know that
I´ll have to postpone to write until Tuesday. This week was because the changes were moved from Tuesday to Monday, because pres. Hacking had to leave for Peru today, so p'day was moved to today. But anways my change--I´m still here in campiña, elder huaman left to be District Leader and señor companion! I´m pumped for him! The president told me that he wanted to give him responsability so that he´d be able to stay focused and busy. I know he can do it, he only has to choose to. And as for me, I´m staying here in campiña, and am now training a new elder, his name is Elder Ramierz, from Chile, he´s 24 years old, and he´s the only member of his family, he hasn´t told me much, but said his mom died before he could remember and that was it. When he was 21 he was baptized and then three weeks later he was inactive, until seven months ago. Pretty intense no? He sent in his papers two months ago and now here is. He´s sweet! and he´s huge, a big 250 pounds! I´m pretty sure were the biggest companionship in the misson. what´s up! But yeah I´m pumped to work alot with someone that wants to work alot! A little overwhelmed, thoughts of what I expected from my trainer some 8 months ago, but I´m sure I'll have the help that I need if I just work, and pray, a lot.
This past week we had three baptisms. Andres and Salome, and Jesus Ernesto. The baptism rocked. Jesus, because of his back problems, was baptized him in a chair. Never thought i´d do that but it twas great, there weren´t any complications, super smoooooth.
One of my favorite things about missionary work is being able to see people change during the course of a lesson. Yesterday we were looking for a new member, but he wasn´t there, but we starting talking with his family and they let us in to share a 'quick message', ha they started by telling us how great their church is and they respect other religions, but they were content and firm in it ... or at least this is what they said. Ha he pulled out his CD player and insisted that we listened so some Psalms. We then started to share our message. One thing I love about being a missionary at this time, is the ability to be able to share any thing I want with an investigator. We started to talk about the Proclomation to the Family, and the plan God has for our families, little by little they began to listen more, we talked about the temple, and eternal familes, they listened more, we then talked about the restoration of this power to join our families together, and they listened more until the Spirit was so strong that they couldn´t deny it.
I love the opportunity I have to share the gospel. and I love you all.
e. adams

No comments:
Post a Comment