Great to here about Dan and Lauren's engagement. Sweet! It´d be sweet to have his email. And I guess while we're at it, I lost the list of emails. So if you guys could send that to me as well that would rock.
Not gonna lie makes me a Little homesick to hear about school starting, BYU football, and you guys roaming the streets of provo. But no worries, I´m incredibly happy here, wouldn´t trade a minute for anything. Well, maybe I´d trade one minute to watch that game. Haha.
What a week! Did some marriage counseling, one of our investigators with a baptismal date bailed on us and called us liers. Tons of sweet new investiagtors. Life´s nuts! I love it. I have come to realize that I don´t live the life of a normal 19 year old. One great and hard thing is that we are so deep into the lives of the people. They confide in us with some pretty grand problems and as missionaries their problems become our problems. Their griefs become our griefs. But we are able to watch the great changes the góspel makes in their lives.
So I had a very latin american experience today in the market. There is this sweet four level open market in central de Bucaramanga, which has absolutely everything. Ah so sweet. My companion was making some crazy peruvian food and he needed mint leaves? Anyways it was tasty. This building was outragous and unclean. I love feeling like im in the middle of something where I have no idea what is going on.
By the way I did tell Morgan one thing I didn´t tell you guys. I had a sweet case of diarhiea for two weeks. But its all good now. Ha I realized it was from eating the cow intestine. Haha, I had it again yesterday, it looks like your eating a cats toungue because its got Little meaty hairy things. The misión doctor said that things that have different bacteria´s can upset your system, but you adjust to them. So i´m good to eat all the cow intestine i want.
One other thing that Santanader (the state bucaramananga is in) has is these giant friend ants. I here there actually pretty good. I´ll bring some home for you all.
I'm feeling more and more at home here. I love it so much. There is no such thing as giving pedistrians the right of way. You either move. Or are moved. Ha. Bugged me but I guess it's just become normal.
We have two baptisms this week. One is Nancy, who's is this wed. We went to see her and husband to be and her just had a humoungous fight. She said she didn´t want to get married anymore, so we, I mean elder reynoso talked them through it, and the next mourning they called and said everything was chill. Such a relief, we went home that night, after having just lost one baptismal date (miran whom called us a liers and not to come back, she had already had her baptismal interview and everything, it was crazy) and thought were going to loose another.
So overall what people thought about american´s isnt bad at all. I get called gringo all the time but its not really an ofensive term. And I kept being called mono, which means monkey, but I found out here in colombia its the Word for blonde. Ha I was walking down the street the other day and this guy was screaming out of his window `yankee go home bye bye´ over and over. It was pretty funny cause I had to get my companion to help me understand what he was saying becuause his english was bad. Haha, just fueling the fire. I should have invited him to our english classes. Oh yeah, i teach english classes here. There pretty sweet. We have two new investiagtors from them.
Yohonny Moralez is my favorite person in colombia thus far. He´s so awesome. He is the security guard in our apartment complex. He was in the equivelnt of the us army rangers here in colombia and worked in the jungle dealing with the drug and gorilla forces. So nuts. We see his family throughout the week. He has crazy Money problems, so thats been the only thing holding him back because they are trying to find the Money to get married. This guy is poderoso. I love it, he is helping the other people in his household along, sharing sciptures with them. He comes to church after just working the night shift and not having slept for over 24 hours. He shares his testimony and feelings in class about what we're talking about. Elder Reynoso said he's the strongest investiagor he´s had all missión. By the way things are going great with elder reynoso. He´s a great missionary. He knows his stuff and cares allot about the investiagors.
Ah i made a sweet list of stuff that happened this week but i left it in the house. Bummer. Oh well next time.
So the president had a rule that we couldn´t listen to music. At all. It was werid, but president Hacking said we can in this last zone conference. Its been so nice. Couldn´t figure out why they had that rule. Music is such a great tool to invite the spirit.
Oh and mom, another update. A family asked if you're my girlfriend in my picture. Ha was kind of awkward, but i thought it was great that they thought you were that young. Nice catch Dad!
Love you all! So greatful for everyone of you.
Elder Adams
p.s. please send updates of byu football. Don´t really care about any other sports. But i NEED to know.

No comments:
Post a Comment