Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Conference in Spanish

So I´m pretty sure I was a tenderfoot until i was 16 so congrats josh!!!! He´s going to have his Eagle by the time he´s 15. I´m a joke. Waited until the absolute last day hahaha.
So conference is this weekend! How exciting! Hope your all as pumped as I´m! How great is that we have the opportunity to here from a prophet of the Lord. If you're looking for advice, this is the best advice you could get for the next 6 months. I started rereading last conference and was amazed how each talk resolved a concern I had. Absolutely amazing that each talk can apply to every person in the world. Ha not sure if I'm going to have to try and listen in Spanish, or if they will have headphones in English for me. Either way, i´m stoked.
So two Sundays ago, we had only one investigator at Church. So we realized that we really needed to new investigators. We have a lot right now, but a bunch just weren’t progressing. So this week we did some good ol´ knocking on doors and some earnest praying, and we taught 10 new investigators this week, and had 5 investigators at church, and three new baptismal dates! Saweet. How true is the principle of "ask and you will receive´´. So many great things can happen with sincere prayer and hard work. When I feel like I could be doing better, which is pretty much always, I´m blessed so much more than I think I deserve.
So finally the we´re having the marriage and baptism of Nancy Barbosa. Her husband was an inactive member that e. reynoso found through the happy birthday cards the bishop gives to us to reactive members. Since I've been here we´ve been working on the papers for this marriage. A divorce (he was still officially married, but they had been separated for like 10 years) , an almost separation due to a fight, and 7 weeks later, it's going down. So pumped. Nancy is so ready and anxious to be baptized.
Things are looking a lot better for the the Moralez family as well (Yohonny ). We had a good talk with Amanda, the spouse, about why they needed to get married because of the law of chastity, and invited her over the house of the relief society president to look through some clothes for her family (we had a sweet shipment from DI come into our stake, Yohonny is now rocking that old navy 4th of july shirt that our whole family took pictures in, Keep donating! Your donations go so much further then for Rich kids to buy to look like they are not rich. Yohonny changed jobs as well, which was bad news at first, then he worked things out so he´s actually making a little bit more and doesn´t have to work on Sundays. After our talk with Amanda, she said she is willing to go through with the plans for their marriage and baptism of Yohonny. Oh I pray for her to want to find out if what we are teaching her is true. I think she believes, just doesn´t want to think she does. OH how great would it be for them to be married in the temple. I can see it. They have sooo much happiness ahead of them if they just let themselves have it. Yohonny is way smart, and I can just see how the gift of the Holy Ghost would make him want to be able to support his family better and go to school and find a good steady job.

Fun new words:
Q´´hubo mano (litearly means what has happened) – what´s up man
Miercoles! (literally means Wednesday) - oh shoot!
Toque el violin (to play the violin) – third wheel it on a date.
Mono (monkey) – blonde

Hope all is well. Thanks so much for the package. And yes i´ll most likely be in Bucaramanga for Christmas. So crazy to think that i´ll only have ¾ of my mission left by that time. Oh goodness. I have so much to do! No time to waste!

Con todo de mi Corazon,
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment