Monday, August 31, 2009

So crazzzy! 85 degrees with a sweet breeze

112 in Phoenix! Ouch. If you were trying to make me jealous it didn´t work. Thats rough. In case you were wondering its a sunny 85 degrees here in Bucaramanga with a sweet breeze. We don´t have AC but don´t need it, we sleep with a sheet and its perfect. Elder Larson is finishing his first area (you stay no longer than 6 months, mostly, so he´ll be headed to a new area soon) and was talking about how he feels like Bucaramanga is home. He´s been here in this area, he´s a killer missionary. Love going on splits with him.
So crazy that byu is starting tomorrow. Can´t believe it. Surreal. That was year ago. Time goes by too fast. Especially here. Altough it suppose to be really slow your first two months (which i´m sure they will still speed up), but for me its gone by unbelievably fast. I´m half way though with my first change. Scares me a bit. I´ve quickly learned that there is too little time to waste any of it. Elder Reynoso is finishing up the change after this so were just going to make sure he finishes strong and I start strong. I´m super excited.
Quick answers to your Q´s.
Giron is a separate city that is close to Bucaramanga, it might boarder it I think.
There are two stakes in Bucaramanga, which have three wards I believe.
Soo I guess the only thing bad about when everything is going perfect, is that you know its going to change sometimes. Ha. Things are still going great but just had some rough series of events. Life is rough. Especially for some people, Yohonny and Orlando both have money problems, both super strong but its just hard to hear about there problems and how they really don´t have very many options. Its hard to find jobs here. Yohonny has a debt he owes and he just can´t find a way to pay it. He´s 26 and he has a kid a wife and is supporting his mother and law and his sister in law. He gets overloaded and starts to smoke and doesn´t want to come to church, but he always finds away. I know that he just needs to take the step of faith and get baptized. He has to get married first, which they are planning on doing. It just comes down to money again. We had a baptism fall though with this woman named Miran Diaz. What a week it was this week with Miran. She had here baptismal interview on Tuesday and was fine, met her on Thursday and she went off about how Joseph Smith is a false prophet and that she doesn’t agree with the nature of God. Then while I was on splits elder reynoso saw her again on Friday and straightened everything out and she was ready to be baptized. Then we stopped by on Saturday, and she had a ¨head ache¨ so she couldn´t be baptized. Pretty frustrating. We´ll see how things go this week. Defiantly one of the hardest commitments for us is to get people to keep going or coming to church. Its hard for people to put away there normal Sundays and come. But its so necessary for there conversions.
On Friday we went on interchanges with the zone leaders. I went to their area. It was defiantly different than any day in my area. The people for some reason. Not really a different social class, were just not interested. They have 3 investigators and no new members so we spent ALL day contacting, except for the last hour we had a sweet lesson with this lady. But we had like 5 other appts set up and everyone of them fell though. I´m quickly learning that people kind of just tell us what we want to here. Ha we came back to this one house, for an appt and we saw her in the corner but her dad told us she wasn´t home. I think I felt a little bit what it was like for mike to go everyday with out any lessons. I thought about how different our missions are-were, but they are both sooo great. Because this is the Lord´s work and there isn´t anything more important for me than this. It’s the best!
This Saturday we had a mini MTC in our ward. It was great, the youth came at 7 and we had a devotional and lessons and they went and visted the new members and had lunch at a members house and taught them a lesson. I hope it impacted them.
Tell grandma happy birthday!
Can´t believe about preston. I remember kindgergarden so clearly. Can´t believe he is at that age.
OH and mom, concerning your age. I have a laminated picture of our family to show to people. And all the women always call you a joven, which means youth ´que bonita´. It’s the truth.
Love you all! Pray for you all everynight! Thanks for everything!
Love Always,
Elder Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment