So today we went to this famous canyon about 3 hours away, i guess its supossibly the biggest canyon in South America, at least thats what the people in Bucaramanga say, Ha I wasnt to sure of that. So in the morning we decided we wanted to go somewhere touristy, so we hit up chicamocha (the cañyon). So they said it was basically the grandcanyon but, green, and in colombia. Haha i guess. So we went there having no idea what we were doing, took two buses, and 3 hours letter we were there. I guess we went on the wrong day. Haha. There was not a soul there. They have this cool tram thing that takes you down to the bottom, but that was closed, and then we got dropped and then they let us know that there last bus was coming in twenty minutes, ha which turned out to be 5. Haha good times. So basically we had time to take two pictures then peace out. Ha it was great, then another 3 hours in a hot bus ride on dirt roads. SOoo good. It was a good time, the bus ride was super pretty, and it was sweet to see more of Bucaramanga.
So I don’t know if I had told you but Santander (the state of Bucaramanga) has a deliciy of eating ants, haven’t tried them yet but they sell them everywhere. They are these giant 3-4 of an inch ants. And they put them in what looks like a six lits candy wrapper and they eat them as such. Ha I need to try them soon, I guess they are only around for a couple months. Any request back at home?
Dad you asked about the computers here. Pretty accesable we have two interent café within 3 min of our house. Its like 50 cents for an hour. The one I'm typing on has had one to many sodas spilt on it so it’s a lucha to type on it. Everything here is amazingly cheap, I love it. For example, that 3 hour bus ride was 3 dollars each way. The most legit hair cut I've ever gotten, she wipped out the straight edge raiser on the edges of my hair and everything, she's been cutting hair for 30 years. It was $ 2.50. A 10 minute taxi ride is 2 dollars. I love it. Im going to be so outraged when I return and cant buy tons of stuff for a dollar.
OH, yeah! So there are web cams in all of the cafes, and my comp said that were aloud to use skype to talk to family, so that’s pretty sweet!
So I completed my first change today. Pretty crazy. Don’t know if there are new elders, but that wouldn’t matter cause I still feel stinkin new. But Im pretty content with the way things are going, not too worried about Spanish. Have faith that it will come. I feel like I know about 70 percent of what people say, ha sometimes that 30 percent can completely change the meaning of what they are saying as I have come to know, but I'm really working to be pretty stable by the end of this change. That would be sweet. So elder Reynoso is going to finish his mission here with me. He'll have been her for 7 1-2 months when he finishes. I was worried that he was going to leave and I was going to have to some how meet the needs of peple I cant understand. I hope any pray that we can get our investigators progressing like crazy. One sweet new investigator we have is the son in law of Cecilia velez (the woman that was just baptized), the week before her baptism her daughters ex came to talk to her to see how he could get back together with her daughter. They had been separated for 3 months because of his gambling addiction. And we happened to be there when he came, we taught about repentance, and he digged it. He taught the restoration this week and the book of mormon, and he dug those. So hopefully we can get him to come to church this next week.
Btw we had that lesson with Yohonny and his girlfriend on Monday, and it went well, he really wants to get baptized, but his wife is just being stubborn. I have faith that we will be able to work out a compromise before the end of this change. I have come to learn that good things don’t come cheap. Were defiantly going to have to put some hard har d work into this, but I think it will all pay off. Yohonny has a lot of faith.
Well I must go. Tis late. Hope and Pray for you all.
Con Amor,
Elder Adams
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment