Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Conference through investigators eyes

oh familia,

I loved receiving letters from almost all of you about conference(minus josh, but i'm positive that he is going to redeem himself with a great letter for next week! right, right!?)

I also loved how everyone loved the same talks. being, elder scott and president monson's temple / marriage based talks. I guess that's what i get when everyone that write's me is madly in love! After Pres. Monson's priesthood talk, on of the brothers on my side lined and hit me on the shoulder and told me 创good luck!创 I quickly responded 创not yet创! I imagine the provo marriage presure scene is going to be on fire! yikes!

I think confrence is the best as a missionary. Because I have the oportunity to soke up revelation not only for me, but for my investigators as well. It's great, but the best is when the investigators that we take to church get their own inspiration. I'll tell you about it!

Mariela is a single mom of four kids. Three of her kids are already members, they were baptized about four years ago. She's seen the blessings of the gospel in the lives of her kids, but the whole church thing hasn't clicked, until now.

Monday we visited her with the bishop, she had some great words to share about church. like 创organized创 or 创divine创. We then asked if she had recieved an answer to her prayer about the book of mormon, she told us yes, and that elder bednar's talk had help her realize that sometimes those answers don't come as instantly like a light switch, but more like a sunrise. She feels sure about what she's doing and she's excited to get baptized the 30th of april with her youngest daughter. God blesses so much when we just act, when we do things.

Her in my new ward i found a brother that I just sat and watched and loved his enthusam for the gospel and service in the church, every time i looked at him he had a smile on his face, He later gave the class in the elder's quorom, and I loved how much he cared about the class. Later, when we were leaving church he asked me where i was from, I said Arizona, his eyes lit up, and he asked do you know Pres. Clayson!? He baptized me! He later pulled out of his triple combination of what looked like a weding anouncment of pres. clayson and sister clayson. I wasn't able to remember his name but he want's pres. clayson's email address. Small world no?!

Sorry about not writing you guys last week, I just couldn't find the time! forgive me. But i am now registered for summer and fall semester! Prep醨ese provo!

Thanks for eveything that you guys do for me! I love you all! And i'll try my best to write well for the rest of my mission!

youre the best!

Love,

e. adams

No comments:

Post a Comment