Of course I know who Rod Stweart is. I can imagine his funny looking face right now. I hope you had a super cool time at the concert.
About the plane seat, the office secrectary told me that everyone is one of us has scatered isle seats. Does Karen have the power to change that stuff? I would have loved an isle seat. but it's all gooood.
Mother's day came up fast no?! But yeah we can skype for sure. it'll be great! It's the 8th right?
Brett is back?! Whaaat. Give him a huge hug for me and tell him to hold on tight tell i get home in two months!
This week was great! We don't have many investigator's, but everyone that we do have has a baptismal date! So we have quiet a few people to help get baptized this month. One of our investigators invited us to eat dinner tonight with them. GREAT!
I'm sending fotos this week so I hope that makes up for my short letter!
I had a very interesting appointment yesterday, with a new convert from around February in the ward. He's about 20 years old. He likes the church, and feels that it is true along with the book of mormon. We started talking to him about a mission, and he quickly cut us off and told us that the mission isn`t for him. He told us that he lives with his parents that he is trying to gain independence and that two years was just ´´too much time´´ and would ruin his plans. And how he would come back from the mission without out a dime to his name, so he just can't do it.
When then opened up to matthew 16...
´´Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.´´
We waited for a momment as the spirt filled the room, and he understood it. He told us that it ment for him that if he went on the mission, God would take care of him and he would have new opportunities when he came back. But the stubbornness got the best of him as he then started coming up with excuess on why he didn't go, and i felt as though when we left he had the same idea about the mission as when we left. It frustrated me that he understood it but he just didn't have enough confidence in God to follow through. As I listened to him excuse himself from the instructions that God had just gaven him though the power of the Holy Ghost, i thought of the parable of the sower.
´´(some seeds) fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth.
And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.´´
He understood, but he just couldn't accept it. I hope we can learn for this!
I love you all!!
e.adams
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment