Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The more I learn, the more I learn what I do not know!

querida familia,

Glad to hear that everyone is home, safe, and gettin' to work. Mi Dios listens and answers my prayers, as I ask him to to please take care of my family. I'm not sure how really life-or-death the ATV experince was, when i started reading it thought i was sure it fell on somebody, nevertheless, pumped your all safe.

After all your summer-vacations, I think the best would just be the 11 hour car ride (or if your speed racer mike, 9 hours) talking and laughing with you guys.

BTW I did as you asked, and I was looking at the calander and when the changes fall, and i'm pretty positive that i'll be home before the 16th of june. but maybe I'll extend my mission... who knows... WAHAHAHAHA!

As for me my family, I'm still in love with my mission. I've been analazing and coming to conclusions as of lately, concerning the things that i've improved in and the things I lack and need to work on. I thought once again, after some time, about something Jake Castle told me as I was preparing for my mission. He said something like, ``the rough thing about the mission is that when you really understand how to be a missionary, your already half way down´´ . I first ignorantly thought about it as I was in the MTC, and felt like I already understood everything. HA, oh was I wrong. I realize now that there is still so much, too much, to learn and to improve on. I remember hearing in Hummanties at BYU a quote, that said something along the lines, that the more I learn, the more I learn what I do not know.

Asi es la vida.

Neal A Maxwell, one of my heroes, gave a talk entitled ´´The Inexhaustable Gospel´´. That includes this great Work, there is so much to learn, and I was foolish if i could understand all of it in two years. Nevertheless, that's why I'm in the mission, and that why were here on earth, to learn little by little this inexhuastable gospel. And how great it is!

As i was reading this months liahona I loved the talk by elder Ballard about missonary work, in spanish it's called ´´Hablemos del evangelio con confianza´´. It's great. you all should read it. I was asked to give a talk in sacrament meething this week, I prepared it, but in the end I was asked not to talk. haha. But anyways, I stumbled upon my talk though this talk, and i fell in love with the idea of it. The whole idea of my talk was based on a qoute by Jose Smith that states that everything in our religion is just an apendage of the atonement of Jesus Chirst. It made me think that me, my companions, the members of the church, We just don't talk about Christ enough. Some times we just get too caught up in sticks and branches of the gospel that we forget the trunk and roots which are Christ and his atonement.

I wasn't able to give the talk but, my testimony was strengthened and my love for Him as well.

Family I need to tell you that I know, more than anything, that He came, He died, and the most important of all, that He lives.

in matthew it states, he went a little further, as he worked out an atonement for all of us. My wish is that we can do the same and go a little further in His work.

if all i ever did in these two years was to come to get to know Him a little more. It'd be worth the trip.

I love you all so much.

e. adams

No comments:

Post a Comment