Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Transfers! Staying in Faca

Wow. close call Dad. glad they didn't have to use those fire trucks, it would have been horrible to walk though the airport soakin wet... haha no but seriously, that gave me a little bit of a spook reading it thinking about how close that was. Soo sooo glad you're alright. I'm greatful that i don't have to take a step on one of those for another 11 months or so.
So yes, changes came. Pretty much changed the whole zone. Two others and mi stayed here out of the ten in our zone. and my whole district changed. Both of the sisters left and there bringing in elders, along with my companion, Elder Ravanales, whose headed to Bogota. Every change countines to go by even faster. I loved this change with Elder Ravanales, super cool kid, we found out that we have pretty much the opposite prefences in total, but we got along great. I was more than ready to stay another change with him, but nevertheless i'm pumped for my new companion and to stay here in Faca for a bit more time. My new companion is from Paraguay and his name is Elder Ramirez. I already know him, we were in the same district a month and a half ago in Suba, when he was getting trained. He's from the same group as my son, so he's only got about 3 months in the mission, pero un PODER! He's an awesome missionary, i've never seen a missionary more obiedient. When I went on interchanges with him in Suba i was super impressed we even talked about it'd be sweet if we were companions. what's up! it's going to be the best. I know i'm goint to learn a lot from him. The other two missionaries in my district have 4 and a half months, it's going to be a great transfer.
Pilar got bapitzed. Super sweet. She's now got a house of her own and had a Job interview today. How blessed we are when we are obedient.
preguntas y respuestas

How's the responsibility of District Leader, I assume you have to call each companionship each night?
It's the best. For me its the best assignment in the mission. I guess for responsiblities, one is yes, to call each companionship every night, make sure there in the house and chat with them for a bit about how they're doing in there area, and find out how you can help them, also to go on exchanges with them, to give reports to the zone leaders, and have distirct meetings. I like it because you can be more hands on and know more about the areas and have more chances to help and serve the missionaries in your district. Our zone is huge so we mostly just have district activities rather then for the zone.
How did the Columbian’s take to Spain winning the world cup?
Almost everyone wanted them to loose. There is still a little bit of bad blood here in south america with the Spanish, with the whole imperialist thing. The whole world cup just made me want to play soccer on p'days, elder ravanales isn't to big of a fan but i'm hopin for a soccer filled change to come. I got plans and goals to go to Brasil in 4 years. WORLD CUP 2014 in brasil!!!
Will things get back to normal in Columbia now that the cup is over?
They weren't to crazy to start here in Colombia, probably would of been more animated if Colombia entered. Nick Hardy told me everyone in argentina went nuts the whole time. But not to much here. When we were walking around during the final everyone was still in the street.
Good news! Facatativa is becoming a ward! i'm pumped! they got approval from salt lake and now in like 2 to 4 weeks there going to change. I'm excited to see the progess it's going to cause. It helps alot more with the work when there is a chapel, that there going to start to build.
Hey i uploaded that video form the Talent Show to the net drive in the jake folder, its called MOV01129, its in spanish, and the jokes only apply to colombia, but you can still laugh at my rockin 'baile'!
Sorry, short letter. I be sure to blow your minds with length the next one!
I love you sooo much!
E. Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment