Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Missing the RED WHITE AND BLUE

you know you've been away from your home for a while when you have to have a colombian remind you that its the independence day of your own country. I felt a litte said, like I had lost something, but I know lady liberty will forgive me. At least my subconcious reminded to put on a red and blue tie. thanks sub conciousness!

Nevertheless, the skys were quite and i missed my red white and blue. Parades and picnics. I love Colombia so much, but i know it can't ever be more than a 2nd home. te amo America.

ha, fun storry, an area 70 came here for a tour of our mission. We had a conference with him and he cut the head of everyone.

he started explaining the kindgoms in the plan of salvacion and when he got to the terrestral kindgom, he went off. He was like, here is where the missionaries that don't do their excersises go, here is where the missioneres that don't wake up at 630 go. then he said ''elder, this will be your hell'', I started to laugh then I realized he was serious. rough stuff. I'm pretty sure its just very boarderline apostasy but i think it fulled it's purpose of scaring everyone to death. oh gosh. loved it, and he helped me to think of somethings I need to correct.

Today we went to play basketball with some members, and about 5 minutes into the game I went up for a loose ball and so did one of the members, I didn't come down with the ball but he did come down falling on his ankle and spraining it bad. Whoops, party foul ending a veryshort game. He went to the hospital. I'm pretty sure i didn't touch him, nevertheless, I don't think he'll be giving us a reference for a while. my bad.

Saturday I had the opportunity to go to campiƱa to baptize a brother that I taught and get ready to get married, but they were missing a paper. I love to be able to witness people make covenents with our Heavenly father, especially when its a family that now has a chance to become eternal.

Ha thanks for letting me know that Mike and Stef are so in love. I love that that they love each other. And hahah no mom, haven't been the least bit worried about getting married. But I did have a great idea of searching for a colombian club at BYU! my heart tells me it exsists.

We have a great family we are teaching right now. They help me keep going. Yesterday was full of downers but then we stopped by and had a spirit filled lesson watching the restoration. I know they will progress, they just have to do their little part by asking God about the truth. I just wish everyone could understand the blessings that come from the Gospel. There is nothing greater.

Oh and Pilar, the rock of a woman I told you about, things are getting better, and she's getting baptized this weekend. Let's pray for her.

I love you all so much,

e. adams

ps.
i got both of the packages momz! they were great! btw i tried to use that debit card but it didn't work. bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment