I'm glad to hear you were able to keep it glam in Hollywood. wit da girls´. I first wrote 'the high life', which people refer to the life of the rich and the famous. But then i realized that term is used completely wrong, 'the high life', I've been living for the past year and something, and doing it with out a Mercedes.
So yes, very belated letter, I was in Bogota all week in trainings with the Pres. and the Assistants, talking about how we as missionaries can improve.
they stated...
we have found that preach my gospel satisfies all the needs a missionary can have
we have concluded that few missionaries come with sufficient teaching skills
so basically we worked on fixing that. It was great. One of the first points is that we should invite our investigators to be baptized on a specific date the first or second appointment. I've been applying it, and it's been working miracles. They had found that the people we teach, many times, don't really understand why we are there, sometimes they think were to just share information, or talk about pretty things, or so that they live slightly better lives. But really were there to invite to Christ through baptism, and as we practice this concept were teaching them so.
Our zone had 3 baptismal dates, now we have around 20 after the conference. It's the best!
We tried to apply these new teaching skills throughout the week, and went great.
One of the principles was called 'revalation through Church asisitance'. This week i was with The other district leader in my zone in his area. when we were planing he told me about a family that they were teaching that can't go to church on Sundays because they work and study on Sundays. We talked in the conference the excuses our investigators use to not go to church. I realize there is never a valid reason for being disobedient. That if we have a conflict that inhibits us from following one of God's commandments, such as working on Sunday's, we just need to change, what ever it is, and trust that God will bless us in our decisions to follow him. Sometimes, it requires great sacrifice to be obedient, but when do sacrifice we are only following in the footsteps of He who sacrificed everything, to do the will of the Father.
We taught this sister and we did as we felt. We told if she wanted to change her life, she needed to do it now, and do whatever needed to follow Christ, and let the consequences follow. As representatives of Jesus Christ, we promised her the blessing that God has in store for her that we felt in our hearts. We invited her to be baptized. She accepted. She's going to withdraw from school so she can keep the Sabbath day Holy. I learned that I need to be bold and direct in everything. These people need to know the blessing and consequences of following the commandments.
I feel like i got a change coming in two weeks. We'll see how it goes.
I'll be writing you monday!
love you all so much!
e. adams
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment