Monday, May 17, 2010

interview and baptism same day!

Querida Familia,
Aunt Helen, i wasn't ever sure how she was my aunt, from what i understood in the letter is she was the sister of Grandpa Adams, but what ever the relation really was, doesnt change that she was a great. I remember vividly spending time at there house, swiming in there pool, i remember they had a big killer whale water toy that rocked. I remember they served a mission together. They were faithful. I'm sure the death was hard for Uncle Ted, but how great it is to know, what peace it should bring that he just needs to wait a little bit longer till they can be together again, forever.
I tell people as much as I can my reason for coming here to colombia, no is for them to be solely member of the Church, or for them to be baptized, but so that they can, in families, have the same guarantee I had when i left you guys for two years, that they, and us, can live together forever with God, only through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I'm so glad Dad, that you were able to attend the service. I haven't seen Aunt Helen for years, but I loved as much as anything see her smiling face when we would walk through the door. she was great.
We had three baptisms this week when we thought we'd have one. What's up! The people just can't wait to get wet here in CampiƱa. The area is on fire. The three people that made covenent with the Lord this past saturday here in my area are the following-- Juan Pablo, an 12 year old, who will soon be joining Josh as Deacon, is a result of faithful visiting teachers, his family, all of which are members, hadn't been too church in three weeks, and now Juan Pablo is baptized, he's pumped, they are all pumped, and i hope with all my heart that this is that this little push that we'll keep them going, going and going. Simon, another soon-to-be qourom member of Josh, asked to have his interview early, then in that interview saturday he asked if he could please be baptized that day, we had no reason to say no, he's the brother of Laura and Salome that were baptized the few weeks before. I remember as he finally opened up to us and said with his 12 year old great faith 'quiero estar bien con Dios (I want to be ok(on good terms) with God)', we are now working faithfully on their parents. Along with Adriana, she's a well learned, insightful, 25 year old girl. As we began to talk in the first lesson she let us know she knows alot about the church and said `I understand your going to try to baptize me, probably fast, but that's not going to work with me.' We countined to teach, i cried for the first time in a lesson as i recited the first vision, the spirit testifed, to all of us, she read, she prayed, she recieved an answer. I jokingly told her to ask if should be baptized in two weeks, and i just realized that i believe she was now that she moved her baptism up a week. I see so many little maricles.
We are working with a family, as hard as we can to get there marriage ready for the 29, if everything works with them, we'll finish May with 8 baptisms. Maybe more!
btw, we sold a 100 tamales this saturday.
I love love love this work
and i love love love you all.
e. adams
So is that temple ready? Gila Valley? you said that you live close? Whose going to give the dedication? You guys should go often.
m and d
i got the package!!! twas great! thanks sooooo much! I'm probably never going to see that camera again. shoot. i'll start looking for a new one i guessss

No comments:

Post a Comment