Friday, August 7, 2009

9 more days

Familia!

NINE MORE DAYS UNTIL COLOMBIA!!!! i'll find out about my visa next week, but im pretty sure it will go through, it sounds like they sorted through the problems with the delayed colombia visas.
Sooo. I leave SLC at 8:25 for atlanta, kick it in the ATL for a couple hours then I'm off to Bogota at 5:00 then get at 9 oclock Bogota time. PUMPED. All the Elders that are in my district that are going to Colombia are flying together so it will be a grand ol' time.
I was walking back from Gym this week and I heard my name and todd was driving by. He stopped on a green light and had a couple of cars honking at him. It was great.
So you mentioned the other day about Brooks having Swine. It was Brandon Zigler, i think hes in mnt park. Ha bad situation. He was the last one with it. He was in isolation for 5 days alone. I would have gone crazy. But the day he got out they lifted all the restrictions on the swine flu. It was weird being able to shake hands. i felt awkward.

Tell preston happy birthday for me! and tell him that i love him!
Tell Grandma and Grandpa happy 50th! Soo sweet! love them!

So I still stink at spanish. But i've come to the realization that it doesn't really matter. As long as I'm doing my best it will all work out. Elder Naumu and I had a great teaching appointment this last monday. We really just forget about how bad our spanish is and just try to teach to their needs and have the spirit there. It's great. I just try to say what i can in my broken english, and when i forget how to congigate a verb i just say it in the infinitive and press forward. I was reflecting afterwards and i thought about this talk that Elder Neal L. Anderson gave last year in general conference, it was called "you don't know everything, but you know enough". So true, for all of us. We can't ever know everything, and we might be stressed or self concious and think we can't do it. But we know enough. We know that God loves us. The Gospel is true. I stink at spanish but i know enough!

I also had some great opportuinties to talk to to some great people at the RC. This one lady had seen an add on the TV for a free bible and so she called and I answered. When i asked her why she decided to call when see saw the add she started to cry and said that she knew she needed God back in her life. We talked about he Restoration and how families could be together after this life, she was interested and wanted to see the missionaries. Can't wait to call back and see how it went!

Me and Elder Naumu are going to try our best to speak only Spanish next week. To get a running start into the field. I know it is going to be nothing like I expect and i absolutely cannot wait. Sorry you all only have one more of these boring MTC letters!

Respectfully, etc.,

Elder Adams

p.s. I mom I read the wentworth letter, it was great. I loved how Joseph Smith wrote that the persecution they went through only fueled the flame. Antonces, He ended his letter with that salutation

No comments:

Post a Comment