Friday, June 26, 2009

3rd letter who's counting

That was a nice string of questions so i'll try to anwer each one of them.

is the newness wearing off?
Yes the newness is wearing off. I wrote last week how i couldn't believe it was time to write again. Its like that x 2. Going by so quick. I only have 716 days left. yikes! 

How is the food anyway? 
The food is sufficent. Feel fat, but maybe thats because my eating abilities keep getting chalanged by other missionaries. These boys fail to recognize that I once ate 12 hotdogs in 10 minutes. I'm the champ. But yeah, somedays are better than others. Straight up cafeteria food. Excited to eat chicken feet and stomach a-la-carte. (side note: last night it was like 90 degrees in our room. I think they were preping us for sleeping in S. America.) 

Do you like your zone? 
The zone is awesome. There were some kids that were too-cool-for school but they left monday so all is well in zone 51. My district is by far the coolest one. They are the best, everyone's super funny. We have this one kid that is an Opera singer. He's awesome. I don't know if i mentioned in an earlier letter but Morgan's cousin is in my district. He's the best. We knew each other up at school. 

How many Colombia missionaries are in your zone?
4 others going to Colombia Bogota Norte (all in my district)
Elder Naumu (huntsville, ut)- my companion
Elder Furmanski (bountiful)
Elder Seaton (atlanta)
Elder Burns (layton)

3 Going to Barranquilla
(Elder Jenkins whom you mentioned is going there)
4 Going to Paraguay

How is the language coming? 
The language is coming thats for sure. Kind of forced to dive into it now that's for sure now that our teachers only speak in Spanish. We've learned things that you learn after 4 years in Spanish. Crazy stuff. I can write it and read it very well, but when i hear it i'll miss a couple key words so it doesn't make since. And when i try to look up words they say I think its one word when its really two and so i can't find it and by then they're talking about something completely different. Its not really normal to move at this pace here but our teachers think we can handle it. 


Soo the Temple is closed until next week for cleaning, so we weren't able to go today. Such a bummer. So we went back to our room, I wrote some letters and read, while E. Naumu napped. 
This week the new Mission Presidents were all here. It's been kind of funny, they have security guards around all the enterences to the building they are all in. Possibly because they don't want us to contaminate them with the swine or the fact that general athorities are like rock stars around these parts.My mission is getting a new one, his name is President Hacking, I was really looking forward to meeting him, but they decided they aren't going to do that anymore. Would have been really cool to meet him but oh well! 
Consolation - Jeffery R. Holland is speaking tonight! What's up! (like i said, rock stars around here. Me and Elder naumu are going an hour early so we can get a good seat.)
Consolation #2 We can play soccer now. They weren't letting us play any contact sports because of the swine (basketball, soccer, softball??). But there are only 5 people left in ISOLATION. Soo funny. We still can't shake hands though, so we swine pound it.

So yeah, I think the highlight of my week is when we get to go 
the Referal Center(RC). It's the best. We get to call people and see if they recieved there free item (i.e. dvds, bibles, book of mormons) that they ordered from the television. I mentioned some people last week, and i met a couple more people this week. I was able to talk to this man named Eric for a half hour. It was great, he said he wasn't interested in us sending him the Book of Mormon at the begining but once we got talking he really opened up to me. He told me why he had been searching for God, and how he's just had a really tough life. I was able to teach him the Restoration of the Gospel (lesson 1) and he didn't even know it, it was great. By the end our talk he wanted me to send him the BoM and we talk about great chapters in it, and I told him I was going to call in a little bit to see how the reading went. He also told me he would look into going to Church (mormon.org has this cool app where you just put your zip code and it tells you the closest church). Can't wait to talk to him again. I could feel the spirit as we talked and I know he did too. He committed to pray as well. I also talked to another guy for about 15 minutes that I'm going to follow up on. I love this work.

So yeah Shaq traded(Status on Stoudamire?), MJ dead (how old is he?). Oqurrih Mountain Temple Angel Moroni was struck by lightning and it turned black(true/false)? All in two weeks. crazy stuff.

La Iglesia es Verdadero

Love,

E. Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment