Saturday, June 13, 2009

1st letter MTC

Ok So I was in Macy's with Mike and Steph Glen and Josh. Glen said I got a email from. Jake and I said no way! I thought he was kidding. Then my phone buzzed and it was a email Yea! I sat down on the furniture for sale and started to read the tears would not stop flowing. A sales clerk came and ask if she could help and I looked at her through my tears and said no I just got my first letter from my son on a mission. (Its was the Macy's in Provo so she understood.) She said let me get you a tissue!!! Enjoy this great letter!


Hola!So I have never been happier in my life. It is so fullfilling to get up at 6:30 and labor nonstop on the work until 10:30. (thats right, I ENJOY waking up at 6:30, and I'm in a good mood. haha make sure Sister Carroll sees that.) It is so rewarding to go to bed and just pass out as soon as my head hits the pillow (btw thanks mom for the sheets, quality linens, muy bieno). They say that the first three days are kinda of a drag, and that it picks up. So can't wait for it to get even better!My companion is great. His name is Elder Josh Naumu(His grandpa is from Hawaii, thats where the name comes from), hes from Huntsville, Utah. He spent this last year at BYU, he lived in the same hall as Nick Hardy, Jason Score, etc. But we never ran into each other. Its to bad because he's awesome. The first night when we were meeting our district, (btw they are the best, Elder Jake Dance is in my district, he's Morgan's cousin. Love him. Can't wait for this swine pandemic to end so we can play futbol together) I was sitting next to him and i already had so much love for him, and could tell we're going to create quite the friendship through our mutual service to the Lord, Plus, he laughs at my lame jokes, so life is good. (I'm starting to feel like have this letter is going to be in parenthesis, but who cares!). We really have a great thing going where we find things that can make each other more obedient and we put them to action. If there was just one thing i have learned already Is to do it. do it right. do it now. When we strive to live righteously in all things, God blesses us, and and the Holy Ghost draws closer and closer to us.Spanish is going muy bieno. I can already testify the Gift of Tounges is real. I have been here three days and I feel like I have already learned more spanish than in the two years i took spanish. Part of the reason is that i actually pay attention and want to learn. (insert quote from Einstien about how learning with out desire is useless, and a waste of time, but i don't have that with me, nor can I google at the MTC, which reminds me to tell you that I am surviving without my sweet, sweet technology. Ocassionaly I will feel like I forgot my phone, or its buzzing in my pocket, or i'll here something that sounds like the begining of my ringtone. But I am trying my best to leave behind thoughts and things of the world.) I have learned if we want help from the Lord, we must do our best, and thats when he steps in for the (thats how 19 year old boys learn how to speak Spanish, Chinese, Russian, etc in a couple months)So you guys are still in utah? Loved to here about you guys using public transportation (i.e. the lite rail). Its the best. I hope that this letter was long enough. I miss you guys. I hope that it is comforting to know that i am truely happy here. I have no doubt that what I am doing is the will of God, I have grown so much closer to Christ through my service already, I love putting 100% of my thoughts and efforts on the work. Elder Naumu and I try to use our time as effectively as we can, we look up the words we don't know in spanish as we walk, and write them down, we set goals, and strive to achieve them. I can't wait to go Colombia to serve the people and teach them the loving restored Gospel of Jesucristo. I hope this was long enough.I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment