Sunday, July 5, 2009

Twisted ankle!! All is well

Almost a month. This wednesday. Life is nuts. Every week really goes by
faster and faster.

Feel like i just wrote you yesterday, so I'm going to start by drawing ideas
from your letters. (Can't wait until I can write home about my near death
experiences(chiste! means joke in spanish) and Colombian adventures, rather
than how I spend 10 hours a day in class and eat the same thing everyday.
But don't worry i still love it!)

Phoenix Temple
That's so cool dad that you were able see those plans. What Temple is that
for? the Gila Valley one? I'm sure he'll be blessed for his labours and so
will the people of Arizona. Do you know when they are all supose to be
finished? That'd be awesome to come back to some new Temples.

I have no idea about my Visa, I called before I went in and they said they
had everything so its in there hands. They won't let me know how things are
going up until like the week before I leave. Oh well.

Ah the talk of the kids made me nastalgic (sp?). Love them, just envisioned
some future quality time kicking it pool side. It'll be great! Dad, your MJ
rant made me crack up. Loved it. Couldn't help but think of the Thriller
music video when i thought about his death. Ha!

Elder Jenkins.
So yeah, Elder Jenkin's companion, Elder Archibald's parents were here for
the mission president seminar, they are going to Calgary. They were set
apart by Elder Holland, so they said he talked about how great Colombia is
doing along with the President there (Speaking of which, Elder Naumu parents
sent him this article from a March 2005 Ensign about the Colombian saints,
im excited to read it. You can find them on LDS org if your interested.

So the charge on my card is from the ATM that i didnt take money out of? No
idea they charged me. I checked my  balance and i guess they charged me 2.50
for that? lame. Sorry bout that.

So tomorrow they are having a little devotional for the 4th of July. Its
kind of a little mystery. Me and Elder Naumu saw some random costumes and
she told us that it was for the 4th. And theres a rumor going around that
they might let us stay up a little late and watch the fireworks. If so, my
life rocks.

So me and Elder Naumu practiced teaching the Word of Wisdom today, it went
really well. We are really getting a handle on teaching in English. We make
a good team. But, I'm sure any of the pride we have will be smashed when we
teach a 25 minute lesson in spanish. Its going to be so humbling. Spanish is
coming, but I can't believe that I'll be going to Colombia in 5 weeks and
that's all i'll speak. So crazy.

So Brett left this week for Indonesia and Nick and Cristiano came in. I'm
kind of bummed i haven't seen Cristiano yet! I'm sure i will though.

Wish I had more to say. Expect some pictures this week!

OH! So I sprained my ankle on Tuesday playing soccer, crazy pop and
everything, it was pretty bad. But then I iced it and wore a brace and and
by Wednesday night i could walk on it with out any pain! So crazy. It isn't
a 100% but nothing to worry about. Defiantly not a normal thing. The Lord
was defiantly involved.

Love and miss you all (we can't say guys in the MTC. its to informal--i
guess)

E. Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment