Familia,
Great to hear that Preston is tearing it up in t-ball---edgar renteria 2.0 (who is Colombian thank you very much).
Yesterday when we went to visit one of our investigators they had 5 new puppies and I thought of mamá tess. I loved the pictures you sent with the kids holding the pups. I can't believe how big Aliana is---crazy.
This week a new elder came from the states. He was serving in the Tempe mission for a couple weeks waiting for his visa. We went to go pick him up and he is now living in our house with his trainer. He's the best! I went on interchanges yesterday. His parents are from El Salvador so he already knew Spanish pretty well. He's very different from the other elders. It's a little hard to understand what he says, but when he talks, when he prays, there is power behind his words, so when he talks, people listen and feel.
This next week there are changes in the mission---about 20 heading home, 17 coming in---the most of which are gringos. I bet about half the mission is going to have a change. It's either my companion or me leaving. At least we'll both be here for the baptism of Anderson. He already has gone to church 3 times so we moved up his baptismal date, his response---''excelente''. Sunday we taught the combined 5th Sunday class, we gave everyone a book of Mormon to write their testimony and give it to a friend. Right after church he dropped it off to one of his friends and invited her to his baptism. I love hearing the changes that he's making in his life through the gospel. This guy is too good. He's now best friends with the bishop.
I don't think I've been in an area where I've seen more miracles than in this one. Last friday we were teaching Anderson when we got a call from a member in a different stake. She was in the area and wanted to present us to someone. His name is Luis, he's 20 years old, living alone here in Bogota. He's from a city in the Amazons and came here to better the life of his family. A couple days before someone robbed his backpack with absolutely everything of value that he owned, two months of rent, cell phone, identification. He entered a store where a member was working, told her about it, and that was the night we found him. Luis was looking for inner peace, more confidence in himself, and a greater faith in God. He found it that night in the restoration of the gospel and the book of Mormon. He's more sure about his answer then anything he's ever felt. He loved church Sunday, he's now friends with all the young adults, and that night he went with them to the commencement of institutes. Today we ate tacos with him. He absorbs everything we teach him. He loves the idea of being able to go on a mission. I had a strong feeling when we were teaching him that he's going to do great things in the service of the Lord.
Even though the ward here in Suba is suffering, were finding the the Lord's elect. And it makes my companion and I feel like God trust us. It's going to be hard to work with someone else besides elder huaita. we got some serious coaction going on. (props dad!)
Congrats on the new buy grandparents!
I love you all.
e. adams
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment