Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Goals are so important!

Familia,

Emergency flight landing. four car pile up. Dad's the cat with 9 lives. So glad that your alright Pops. If you guys could just see the streets here in colombia. They got just one rule: there are no rules! what's up!

Welp we had changes this last Tuesday. Looks like I'll be staying here in suba for 6 more weeks. Elder Huaita is staying too! That'll be a good 4 1/2 months together. I was kind of waiting for a change. But I'm still stoked. We teach tooo good together. it's like a symphony. Just kidding, but we've been able to mold to each others style and we have had some really great experiences and lessons.

Anderson's baptism went great. We had a combined service in our district, there were 7 people baptized. Elder Martinez baptized for the first time. that kid is the best! I can't believe how awesome Anderson is. He had invited about half of the attendance. We're super pumped to take him over to our other investgators houses to testify. When he bore his testimony after the baptism he told everyone that he wanted to take what he felt in that momment and just give it to other people. He told us later that when he got home that night his sister asked him what happened, why did he look so white and vibrent. Goood stuff. I'm thinking future elder's quorom president. He's going to be an energizer to wake up this sleepy ward.

The other day we were walking to an apointment at about 730, when I asked my companion how many contacts we had done---19. Our goal was 20. We turned around and we contacted the first family that we found. We talked with them for a little bit and they said, ´´Hey, we live just around the corner, walk with us.´´ Turns out that that around the corner was two alleys outside of our area, but we were able to have a super spirtual lesson and we just knew that the Lord had placed them in our path. We taught about baptism, their answer: ´´Amen, of course we want to´´. I learned a great lesson about goals that day. Why we make goals, and that the lord test our faith to see if were willing to work to reach them. Who knows if it's the 20th that really will give our goal purpose, and if the Lord is just waiting for us to show our faith.

Thanks for everything!

i love you,

e. adams

No comments:

Post a Comment