How is life with a gringo companion?
welp. about that. ha, in the terminal of bogota i was talking to one of the elder's and they told me my companion wasn't elder Gardiner, but indeed, was elder Huita. So instead of fixing my english, i'll be improving my spanish. much better. I got the rest of my life to live and talk with gringos.
Do you get along good with your new comp? Is he a hard worker?
I assumed that these two questions can be answered with one. YES. He's the best. He's from lima - peru, super cool, humble guy. We were actually here in the same zone of suba, at the same time last year. I always thought it would be cool to be companions with him.
Did you get a different leadership position with the transfer?
I loved being with the sisters last change in sogamoso. I was able to learn a lot. I'm now serving a zone leader with e. Huita. We're super pumped to help out our zone. We have a bunch of activities planned to hopefully find more investigators, along with encouraging and inspiring them.
At the moment, we are in Bucarmanga! for the zone leader conference. we left from bogota yesterday at 230 and got here at 1230. We just played soccer, btw my soccer skills are slowly getting better. I Had lunch and I believe were going to to have a ping pong tournament tonight, tomorrow we are going to have a training meeting. My companion and I were asigined to train. I found this quote by Hugh Nibley while preparing, and thought it would be great for my managment family.
“Leadership is an escape from mediocrity. All the great deposits of art, science, and literature from the past, on which all civilization has been nourished, come to us from a mere handful of leaders. For the qualities of leadership are the same in all fields, the leader being simply the one who sets the highest example; and to do that and open the way to greater light and knowledge, the leader must break the mold. “A ship in port is safe,” says Captain Hopper speaking of management, “but that is not what ships were built for,” ... calling for leadership.”
As for my area, we both came at the same time so we get lost a lot, but still loving it. We are working on getting a family married They are called la familia Torres. They are great, the best. They a very humble. We sometimes just don't understand how much God has given us, until we see those who don't have the gospel. The teenage kids discribe the church as ''Perfect``. They are inspiring. They never miss church.
Mom would love colombia because the christmas season starts before Thanksgiving. but then again, they don't have thanksgiving. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it to. Thinking about this christmas, really I'm fine. I don't need anything. Mom, go ahead and keep buying those white shirts, but i bet it would be better if you keep up stocked up, I have enough here and and they get thrashed, so i probably will just come home with the shirt on my back and give the rest to others. But I would love if we could help others out. The missionaries in my zone, or district or companion. The Torres Family. I don't know how but I know that the majority of the missionaries in my zone won't be recieving packages this christmas. I don't know what we could do for them, maybe we can brainstorm! But, I do have all that I could ever need.
I love it here, and I love you.
Thanks for everything,
e. adams
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like he is doing great! good to read and see what a great missionary he is.
ReplyDelete