Can you eat seafood in your mission? on the email group said that in Barranquilla mission said that their sons were told not to eat seafood because the locals don't prepare it properly.
I can, they make a killer fried fish called mojarra here, it rocks my world, i'll take a picture of it the next time. I've heard they can't eat onions either. But i can eat whateva i want. that includes cow tounge, chicken feet, liver, intestines, hearts, eye balls, to my hearts content.
How are your shoes have you worn them out yet?
Ha, those things are invencible. the ones we bought for 30 bucks at last chance still look new when i polish them. ecco 4 lyfe
Did you get the package I sent on June 10th?
yes. Sooo good. loved it. I savoured every drop of my Dr. Pepper.
Yesterday i went, again, to Salitre Magico, which is that carnaval that they call an amusement park here. Everyone it was a zone activity so i took one for the team. I got a killer sunburn, so they tell me to put 'leche de magnesium' on my face, which is a laxative, they say it helps absorb the heat, i dont know. But i do know i had laxative all over my face and neck. awesome!
That is one thing i love about Colombia they have a 101 crazy ways to cure everything, or they are 100 percent sure that everything will kill you. I've heard..
that if you eat more than one egg a day you will die
coca cola kills
things like kool ade and other flavoring powders are the most damaging things in the world!
we can't drink milk, to go as far as to say its against the word of wisdom
if you eat chocolate you will have diabities
if you eat after 6 you'll die
don't eat bread, you'll become fat, then you'll die
We had set up a talent show here in the branch to get more references and for everyone to love each other a little bit more.
I LOVE TALENT SHOWS IN COLOMBIA!
There beyond informal and soo good. we pretty much filmed everything so i'll show you when i can. We had no idea what to do till the day of the show, but we came up with a killer skit.
I was un costeƱo vender (someone from the atlantic cost such as barranquilla, they have a very distinct culture and they talk completely different, like ebonics en english, they change the S's to J's so that you need an interpretar to understand)
and my companion was a gringo tourist
needless to say, it was success. I ended up dancing Cumbia (wikipedia Cumbia), someone once told me that you can't dance, but its not in the manual so i did it.
One thing i really learned this week is how incredibly blessed i am. We are teaching a family right now who is in quite a situation. The mom has about 6 kids. two sons who are drug addicts, one of which occsaionally stops by to cause problems the other she has no idea where he is at, one daughter that is 18 pregnant and already has a 2 year old, both of which are from her drug addict boyfriend, and these two decided they were going to still the mom's rent money and head off. Resulting in her getting evicted from her house, and having to move with her two younger kids to sleep at the house of her sister that want's to kick her out tomorrow. The two kids haven't studied for who knows how long, because they can't find 12 dollars to enrole. And all of this leads her to feel as though God doesn't love her, that's he has abandoned her, and that she lacking in faith that things will get better. We tell her and the scriptures tell that it's not true. That does love her, so much, and that he won't ever abandon her, and things surely will always get better if we have faith. We invited her to come back to church, and to be bapitzed, and if she comes to Christ things will get better. And she is coming to Christ, she went to Church, and she's getting baptized this saturday. It's a sure thing, that if we trust in God, things WILL always get better.
Being here in Colombia for the past year serving has made and helped me realize how much i really have been given, and how blessed i've been, more then i can ever know. I feel so indebted to the Lord, and you guys, and our ancestors for their obeidience. I read a scripture in the old testment the other day that says that for our obidience gerneration upon generation will be blessed. I know it's true.
I love you all. And i know that God loves and blesses us more than we really can imagine,
e. adams

No comments:
Post a Comment