Dad, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN, AND FATHER'S DAY!, I've been trying to write my friend presi monson about the neglecting of the father's and there phone call, but until i hear back, i guess you'll have to just go with the second best gift after a phone call from me, HAWAII. shoot, i bet that place HAS to relax someone. There's a elder in my mission from the island with the temple. he's the most easy going, patient person i've ever met, it's almost unbarable. I think we all need a little bit of hawaii sometimes.
welp have a good one! i love you with all my heart x 10!
Today i write, because we went to the temple, and oh how great it is always is.
i had a little time to reflect, ponder, feel and love in the celestial room. i had then chance to read a little bit. I felt prompted to read Joesph's Smith's didicatory prayer fro the Kirtland Temple. i felt this verse.
And we ask thee, Holy Father, that thy servants may go forth from this house armed with thy power, and that thy name may be upon them, and thy glory be round about them, and thine angels have charge over them (dyc 109 22)
I noticed more than ever today as we ran some errunds in Bogota the eyes of the people on us. I thought it was wierd throughout the day, but now i think about that, and i think about this verse. Maybe, that glory is real. And maybe that glory is visible to those around us. They might not know what it is, but its something different. I feel and know that the temple changes us. Someone said, once, don't just go to the temple, but let the temple go through you. I thought it was just a little cheasy the first time i heard it, but maybe it was so much better than i thought. I challange you! to go to the temple. to use that recommend.
There is a family here in Faca, they are great, but aren't doing so great. There having a lot of problems with this marriage. They have almost two years as members, and have been sooo good to this missionaries. It is impossible to go to that house with out here trying to feed you with food paid with money that they don't have.
But the problems are bad.
she told us that she got married in the temple as a comprimse. That she doesn't really ''see'' her self with her husband in the future. My first feeling was that of sadness, then almost anger, thinking about that. We taught them, trying to make them think again. Inviting them to pray, to do something. The truth is, elder ravenales nor i, am married, or have a clue what it is like, but we have parents that do, and that are do it it well. So we basically just told them what we've learned from the love and marriages that are parents have, and they have to do the same for their child. Thanks mom and dad for loving each other soooo much.
Oh gosh, uncle tom, i've always wanted to know how you losted those figers. I always will remember how cool i thought he was with my grand ambitions to be a cowboy like him, maybe i still got that inner cowboy in me. something stirs in me here in faca sayin' LET'S RIDE!.
I read that story i asked you guess to send me called 'the countess and the impossible'. About the impossible five dollar job. i encourage you to google it and read it.
anyways, it made me think a lot. About the mission, about my life, or life in general. At the end, when he completes the five dollar job, the lady tells him this.
'' Whenever something in you says, "It's impossible," remember to take a careful look and see if it isn't really God asking you to grow an inch, or a foot, or a mile, that you may come to a fuller life ''
I think we're quicker to say that we can't, rather than to 'take a careful look'.
i wrote it down. and i'm trying to apply it.
I love those humbling impression when you realize that you can do so much more.
te amo familia!
e. adams
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment