Tuesday, February 9, 2010

mi hogar es un rio en mi alma

¡q’hubo familia!
Soo i rocked a footlong from subway today. Only 7.000---translation 3.500.. What´s up! Felt real good, felt like I was in the cougar eat again. But I’m back eatin platano and rice and still lovin’ it. No worries.
We were working all day so I’m writing a little late. Forgive me.
This week we were finding people left and right, it was an adventure. When found this girl that’s 13, she greated us by saying ‘I’ve been coming to this church for a while, and I really like it. I want to be baptized.’ Rough one huh? Ha we visited her this week and her mom totally supports her, we’re going to work on her and the little brother, and Camilia, the girl, is getting baptized this 20th. We have three new family’s were working with right now. We have a goal to baptize 3 this month. I think we can do it! Ha we have a zone goal of 30 and if we reach it, we’re going to salitre magico (haha again). Ha we swore to the president we would never tell anyone we went, ha so I’m trying to act pump to go to that lame amusement park again! But the goal has Elder Huaman pumped to work to reach the goal haha. He’s a really good kid don’t get me wrong, he’s got a lot of potential, really smart, im just trying to get him to want to be a missionary all the time. For example, we went to help a family move today in the morning, but he was pissed the whole time because we were working on ‘his’ p-day. Ha tried to let him know that it’s not important that the family didn’t give us juice in the morning, or that he had to help people on a day that really isn’t his (a lot of missionaries think that pday is their day to take a break from the mission, and that we can’t do service this day. Pish, im not sure where it says that you’re expected to serve with all your heart everyday except Monday from 10 to 6 in the afternoon. But we are getting along great, he’s a really funny kid and he’s opened up a ton. He’s started to actually tell me about his complication. He told me today he had visited the mission pyscatrist and he was going to tell me more about it.
I had the chance to go see the Bogota temple this week, we went to get some triple combinations this Saturday at the distribution center but it was closed, bummer. But I at least got to see the House of the Lord. I’m a little bummed that the president felt like missionaries we’re spending to much time in the temple trips every month, so he changed it so that every zone goes two times every year ( I bet missionaries were taking advantage of the trips, but still a bummer.) I miss that House, I miss that Spirit that only abides there, But at least I got to see it!
There is a little town outside of bogota that consides with our area, its called Cota. I want to live there some day. It’s beautiful, it reminds me of Heber a little bit, but in Colombia. There is a huge mountain there that I want to conquer (btw there is a beautiful beautiful golf course close, that one day mike and dad we will golf at.) Anyways, there is a kid in our ward that is the only member, he went on a mission in Bolivia. His family gives us lunch every week, they're the best. The mom knows everyone in the church but for her husband she hasn’t got baptized. But what I feel like was a message from the Lord, he had his appendix rupture, he almost almost died. We gave him two blessings during this time and he told us that he felt the power from it, and knows that it helped him. Theyre both really Catholic but, I think this could be the push from the Lord they need. We taught them this week and I know the spirit was there.
Love you all sooo much. You give me strength.
Btw I’m so proud to have the first woman Ward Mission Leader as my sister! We could us some Jess’s around here!
Nuts Rich is leaving! Find out his email so I can write him!

e. adams

No comments:

Post a Comment