So in the hustle of yesterday being the last day for Renyoso here in Bucaramanga, I only had time to write a email to Josh. I
don´t know how often he checks that thing but let him know ones chillin there.
So it was rockin here with dulces and disfraces here for holloween. From what I understand Colombia has more influence from american culture than the other countries in South America, they love there comidas rapidas (fast food), so of course they do it big with Holloween. Christmas might even be a bigger deal here than in the United States, they do not honor the known rule that christmas decoration cannot start until after thanksgiving, our neighbors are already dusting off the Christmas lights.
So Reynoso se fue (left) this morning. Took him to the airport and now I'm solo, waiting for my new companion with a member. His name is E. Moreno, there´s two of them here in the mission so I'm not sure which one it is exactly. One is from Peru and is about 4 feet tall and the other one is from Ecuardor and has 4 months left and rumor has it that he´s trunkie central. But I´ll believe it when i see it. Cualquier bring it on. He´ll come in this night. Poucho, my favorite member who goes out with us everyday leaves on a mission tomorrow. So needless to say, its going to be a big change here for me. Lost my two biggest helpers in the mission. Snikes. Oh well, I´m excited to grow.
A member this Sunday showed me her coke stash this Sunday. Haha. The coca plant, which is the plant used to make cociane, here has been used for forever for medicine and healing purposes. They grow it in there backyard. And in her pharmacy class they learned how to make coke, that they put a very small amount in a lotion for medical purposes. Nevertheless, twas a little wierd seeing cocaine in the house of member. Haha, they are all strong members, shes actually starting here papers for her mission this week.
We had the baptism of Ortwin this week. Went very well. He got really attached to Reynoso, so it has been a sob fest for little Ortiwn the past couple of days. But he´s a tough kid. He promised he wasn´t going to miss one `holy Sunday´. He´s been through sooo much, rough rough rough. His dad, whom tried to commit suicide multiple times and was a drug addict, died in an accident last year. He lives with his mom, they were seperated for some time before the accident. His mom feels like his brothers are following the same path but we started teaching one of them and I feel we can get him baptised this change, he has a desire to change, so therefor his repentance process has already started. In our last family home evening with them his mom expressed how much Ortwin has changed in this little time, and cried and stated how she felt like ´God sent angels´ into her home. She is a wonderful woman.
I love you all so much, and subsiquently you are all in my prayers,
Con todo mi corazón,
Elder Adanz, or Adass (how my name is spelt here in colombia, haha)
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment