Monday, November 9, 2009

New companion trunkie

Mom, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

A happy birthday before, and a happy birthday after is as close as I can come to an actually on the day happy birthday. I love you so much, and just remember that to the people of Colombia, your only 22 instead of 21. And don´t worry, in two years,
i´ll go sky diving with you!

So my new companion is Elder Moreno, he´s from Peru, and has 19 months in the mission. So he´s going to finish up here. Ha another trunkie. The last two weeks with elder Reynoso it was hard to get anything done and I thought it would change with a new companion. Wrong. Elder Moreno is a super cool, super chill, and a good missionary. But he says that he´s not trunkie he´s `tired`. Haha But no worries, hopefully I can make him un-tired. Bah, forgive me for my 5th grade English, I think every change I lower a grade in English. So only me and elder Au are still here in districto central. The rest are newbies. They sacked the two missionaries in one district and brought in a brand new missionary and his trainer. There both are ready to work, so its great having them in the house. It was hard the change before with three trunkies and me. T`was hard to have any rhythm in the morning when I looked around and they were all still dead asleep, and you know me, I am not a morning person.

Reynoso, although a little bit trunkie, was a great influence. Being 27 this December, I learned a lot of things with him I
couldn´t have with other´s because of that. I´m defiantly a better missionary because of him. And a better cook. None of the elders in my apartment know how to cook so I make breakfast everyday. Today we had hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, and French toast. Hashbrowns are going to rock the socks of latin America. I´m calling that they are the next `hamburguesa´ here. They loved them!

Things have defiantly been different here. I- because elder Moreno doesn´t know the area, plan our days and call members and schedule appointments and all that stuff. Its been a great growing experience. I don´t think I would be able to do it if I knew any less Spanish. Elder Moreno doesn´t speak a lick of English, the other missionarys in my apartment as well, so i´m loving it because I get to speak Spanish all the time. And don´t have an easy way out when I don´t know something. I´m teaching elder Moreno English, and we decided that im going to give him an exam at the end of the change, and if he passes it, dinners on me.

We set a baptismal date for the brother of Ortwin who we went to the botanical garden with. He knows he needs to be baptized the problem is that he has to work every Sunday at 9. Welp! Here comes the Sabbath day lesson and much praying that he will be able to not work Sundays or find another job.

My highlight of this week, was when Amdrely asked in a lesson this week ¨how she can do what we do, as in how can she become a missionary. We talked about It and she was pumped, then we mentioned about ward missionaries, and she again asked how she could do that. Oh the change in this girl. What a miracle, and a blessing. She told us how she decided it was easier to just stop hanging out with her friends then to try and resist the temptations of associating with them. Oh if we could all do this, Draw our line before the actual line, avoid even the appearance of evil our spiritual-selves would be a whole lot `safer`.

I love you and pray for you all,

Con todo mi amor,

e. adams

No comments:

Post a Comment