Friday, July 17, 2009

3 more weeks!

Familia,

So I'm going to start by asking some questions.

Feeding the homeless? Do you do this every monday now? At saint Vincient de paul? love that place.

How was wicked??

Harry Potter was greattt??

So another great week at the MTC. Still cannot believe how fast the time has been going by. Can't believe that I will be inColombia in like 3 weeks. HOPEFULLY! Sorry if this email is short by the way. this keyboard is crazy. Feel like im in the 90's.

We taught our first lesson in spanish this week, it actually didn't go to bad! Slowly but surely learning this language. I need to learn so much more though! It's going to be such a shock to just jump into Spanish 24/7. We started prepping by having an ayuno de ingles (fast of english) three times a week, where we don't speak any english. Hopefully by the time we leave we'll be doing it everday. (Speaking of which i think i'm going to go check with travel to see how my visa's comming, they probably wont tell me anything but its worth a try), It gets frustrating not being able to say what you want, but i feel so much more confident with my Spanish the next day. Our teachers are great and they really push us to speak the language. Which is the only way were really going to learn how to speak spanish.

BTW that's so cool about President hacking being great! I'm so excited to meet him. We couldn't meet them because of the swine flu epedemic. Which is pretty much over. We still can't shake hands but they let us play soccer and basketball now.

Tell Grandma and Grandpa thanks for the package! and Aunt Karen as well! Tell her that i shared some of the donuts with my district for Noche de Hogar (she'll know what that is). And that i'm starting to realize the wiseness of her advice to drink lots of water. This food is starting to get to me. BTW some teacher that had some colombian investiagators said that colombian food is basically the best food ever! So pumped! AHH i want to go right now. Oh! and tell her thanks for looking that flight plan up for me. thats sweet! I knew a kid that was going to bogota South, that let monday, and he said that they fly to atlanta, have a three over layover, then fly to bogota and get there at like 9 at night.

I can't belive it has been over 5 weeks. I hope its not going by too slow for you all! I love and miss you! Thanks for everything!

La Iglesia is verdadera!

Love,

Elder Adams


Mom and Dad
Tell Liz that i love and miss and that I wish her a happy birthday! let jess know i got her dear elder!

Thanks so much for the shoes. You nailed it mom. Not only do they have sweet ankle support, they are ben sherman! whats up. youre the best.

Those pictures are just bad quality. the other ones i took with my camera turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment