Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fruits of patience

Wow. Thats super sad about the Elder in Jamaica that was killed. I'm sure he's in a different paradise now. I remember when i was very little i thought it would be the best time to die while being a missionary becuase you get a straight way past the the celestial kingdom, becuase missonaries were ''perfect''. While, i've learnd that missionaries are not perfect, but i'm trying to live up to my childhood expectations.

But don't worry! i'm pretty sure i'll survive these last 5 months.

The changes....

we can't listen to music anymore. we had to send the mp3 players to the mision home.


Hearing that that return missionary is being interviewed monthly just give me more inciative to go straight to school. (btw mom, i forgot to mention, i think there is one elder here that has plans to study summer sesh in my group. i keep you posted)

Well the fruits of patience came the day after I wrote you guys. We found a old number in our cell phone,(the cell phone stays in the area so it was from the old missionarys), we called the guy and he was PUMPED. His name is anderson. The first thing he asked us was how we knew to call him, he asked us who gave us his number and why we called. He had been wanting to go to church for a while but just didn't know how to enter. Anyways, the first visit in his small apartment we recongized the hand of God and invited him to be baptized the 12 the febuary, he answered ¨I would love to!¨, he had decided this new year to change completely his life around and was just looking for the way. The second lesson, he told us ¨I feel so good here. when i read that book. I know its true. Just tell me what i have to do, and i'll do it.¨ He's going great. His energy and enthusasm for the gospel will change lives.

Next fruit, Jose Cardanas.

Yesterday we had to move around missionaries because of bad decissions of elders in other district, so when we finally were able to get to work our plans were messed up. I opened up my planner, looking for a contact that we could go visit, In the planner their is a section entitled 'Investigators', there i had put a name and an address of a lady, but i had no idea who she was or why i had put it there. So we decided to visit the house. We knocked the door asked for the name, he didn't respond, so we apoligized for confusing the house. But before we could say anything he told us to come in.

The lady was his wife that had left him over four months ago. About two years ago he along with his wife were almost baptized. But he got sacred and bailed out. The elders had past by for almost two years. We talked for a while, he wants his family back like it was. He wants to feel like he did when he was going to church and doing what God wants him to do. We invited him be bapitezd the 12 of febuary. He accepted. He told us that ''This time i'm not going to let this past me by.'' He wants us to visit him as much as we can to help him get his life back.

So many testimonies gained and prayers answered this week.

This really is the work of the Lord. There is nothing better. I love being able to parciapte everyday completing His purposes and being literaly guided by His hand. I've never found anything that makes me happier.

I love you all so much.

e. adams

No comments:

Post a Comment