I'm sorry, but i only had time to write this testimony for Mom. we have to leave early to go do a baptismal interview. Know that i am well and that this week we are going to have an all day christmas activity. twill be great.
I love you all.
e. adams
With my family, we decided the winter before I left on my mission to go to Las Vegas for the the BYU bowl game, they played Arizona, and yes, of course they lost. We went back to the hotel that night to leave early the next morning for Phoenix. Later that night I found myself alone in the room. I don't know why I had brought my book of Mormon, don't know why I started to read it that night, and I don't know why I turned to third nephi, but I did, and as I read the account of Nephi, the son of Nephi, waiting anxiously for the sign that Samuel the Lamanite had prophesied of the coming Christ, Those who did not believe had committed to kill those that did believe if the sign did not come. It was really a matter of life or death. So nephi began to pray fervently...
'' And it came to pass that he cried mightily unto the Lord all that day; and behold, the voice of the Lord came unto him, saying: Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets. '' (3 nefi 1:12-13)
As I read this verses an incredible power rushed through me. I had always gone to church, I participated in mutual and seminary. I had always believed in Christ, but for the first time I felt it, and understood the reality of it all. This new knowledge was like fire to my bones. From that moment, I now know that this Child was born. that Christ really did come to this world, that he lived, died, and lives again. That he was and is. This true message of Christmas has become the base of my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I am forever grateful for the Book of Mormon because it was though it that I gained a testimony of my Lord, which means everything to me!
e adams
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment