Monday, October 11, 2010

Blood toil tears and sweat

Sasulieto, the little town on the other side of the golden gate bridge? Love that place. I went there with my buds when we went to San Fran. The truth is in that trip i fell in love.

Oh San Fran, thy golden arches, thy beloved chowder and cable trains, when will we meet again?



As for things here in Sogamoso -- El Sol --- lovin it! My companion is the best. The first couple days were a little quiet and awkward but now he's loosened up and now i'm lovin it. I'm still trying my best to be good district leader. There are four sisters in my district. ha its been great.

The state of the sogamoso, el sol ward was shown this past sunday. only 60 people showed up, of about 500 listed members, resulting from a handful of reasons, the biggest for me is that they start at 8 in the morning. I noticed that the spirits are down and there are notable contentions between the members. But i couldnt stop thinking about zions camp as i sat in the elders quorum. I felt as though the Lord has put these trials upon their backs because he has great plans for them. Were going to do our best to animate them and help them to understand what Job knew, that ''when he hath tried [us], [we] shall come forth as gold.''

I thought also of what i had heard in a talk by elder holland, when winston churchill spoke to england as Nazi forces were gaining ground and hopes were grime...

''I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air, with all our might and with all our strength that God can give us. . . .That is our policy. You ask, What is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory--victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror; victory, however long and hard the road may be...''

a couple days latter he said...

''We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender...''

I wish I could be like winston leanord spencer churchill when I find myselves in difficult times in the mission. We and this ward just need to fight to keep it from drowning. Try and give our blood, toil, tears, and sweat and the greatest work known to man.

But there is light here, the bishops great and we have a new ward mission leader ready to work. We were able to visit a faithfull couple heading for their 80's struggling with their health. It was evident that they are getting close to their last lap. But I was amazed by their faith. Hermano Leon told us that he cannot go to bed without reading a chapter of the book of mormon, noo matter how tired or sick he is. I was sure as we sat amazed by their faith filled stories that they will be able to say like Paul, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith"

I'm sorry if too many of my words where other people's words. But they're just sooo good.

I love you all soo much!!

keep the faith!!!

e. adams

No comments:

Post a Comment