Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Alejandro baptism "A tital wave"

Welp that sucks the Cardinals lost. Oh well.

So this week went great. We set another baptismal date for January and had the Baptism of Alejandro. This guys the best. Seriously.
So Alejandro quit smoking in a week and was more than ready for his baptism. Ha he was so ready that the little kids in the front of the font ended up getting soaked. Let me explain. During the baptism, he was so ready that after I said the prayer he just flung back and he’s taller than me so it resulted in a pretty sweet tidle wave.

But after as we normally do, we asked him to share his thoughts and feelings after the baptism. Which resulted in one the most joyfull moments of my life. He talked for about 10 minutes about his Journey to get to know God. He said that he seriously began searching for a relationship with God when had 17 years old. And after he couldn’t find what he was looking for he began to study Philosophy, but after time he knew that there was something more. He shared that after the baptism while he was watching the a video we played while everyone changed, he felt for for the first time, in this ten year quest--at peace with Christ. He said he felt the love of God fill him. He said he felt like it was his first time in church where he heard everyone saying that this was the true church, but he can now say this, because he felt is so powerfully in his heart. I know with out a doubt he decided to be baptized because of what he genuinely felt, not because what he knew. He had been learning about the church for less then a month, and I haven’t heard many people testify with more conviction and power than in the manner in which he did. I left feeling as though it wasn’t me who helped Alejandro, but really him that helped me. How great is this work!

Giovani and Liliana are getting married and baptized this weekend! I’m pumped! Then next Tuesday Elder Fernandez goes home and I get a new companion. The president said I’ll be here in campiña for a while. Rockin!

So you guys are actually moving. Tell Josh that moving to Arizona from Utah, although I felt like it was the worst thing ever at first, ended up being one of the biggest blessings in my life. A change that was crucial for me.

Welp. Gotta go. I Love you all so much. Give each other a big hug for me.

Con amor,

e. adams

No comments:

Post a Comment