My thoughts while reading the letter:
50 years later and Uncle Dave still knows Spanish! I kid. No impressive. Close to errorless. Well done! I hope to be like him!
Oh and props to Danny and Lauren. Called it! And Zach and his BYU squeeze.
I especially enjoyed two phrases that I would have never thought would be said in the same sentence: Party at grandma´s house, and way out of control. Congratulations!
1) Where are you?
Im in Campiña, Suba, Bogota, Colombia! It´s a rockin. Quite possibly the biggest and best ward in Colombia! 250 active poderoso members. I felt like i was back in the states for a little bit with a piano on Sunday and a not-completly tone deft congragation. (p.s. i was wondering how many members are in our ward, people ask me frequently). If I haven’t mentioned before, tis only a very, I mean very select few that can sing here. Therefore, the hymns are a little rough here, but I love it. Anyways, lets talk campiña. Bogota is cold. Basically its late Utah fall right now. I really have no idea what the temperature is because they use Celsius here, and even with celcius, ha I still have no idea. all I know is I sleep with two blankets and my toes are cold most of the day. But I love it. We have a baptism and marriage of a couple this week. Fam Beroy, some allstar missionaries decided baptize the kids of the family ha like 3 between 8-12, instead of actually working and trying to get all the papers ready for there wedding. They´ve been attending church for a year, but nobody before my companion wanted to do the work to get them married, the birth and marriage system in this country is messed, its very hard to get everything ready for a marriage. Anyways, there were two families baptized the week before I came, and one this week, and were working on the papers for another family right now. Its sweet, finally get to work with families, all my investigators before were single. We basically work purely of references here. It’s the best. This past Sunday we went to church and by the end had close to the whole week filled with appointments. Oh and food is a lot better. They actually believe in serving something other then chicken rice and potatoes here. It rocks. There is salad with almost every lunch. FINALLY!
2) Do you have access to phone on Christmas day?
It´s business, it´s business time! So yeah, with much waited adeu, 11:30 utah time, 25 de December. Its on! It’s the final countdown! I´m going to call from an international phone booth. Let´s say we talk 2 hours. It´ll only be twenty bucks. I´m going to ask if I can barrow a phone and call from the apartment, would be better. I´ll email again if im going to do that so you can load up the phone card.
) Will you have access to Skype on Christmas day?
Ahh, we can probably for a little but, but don´t think its possible to do both at the same time. Hablarémos.
4) What time do you think you can call on Christmas day? (Your time)
Its 1:30 my time
5) How much do you weight now? (just thought I would throw that in)
I have no idea, like 185 kg? I´m pretty sure I´ve lost weight the past 3 months. I´ll I really know from whether I'm gaining or loosing weight is from how my belt fits. So I´ve moved two nouches down from where I was when I got here, ha if that’s any help. Everyone tells me that I look older then my photo from my farwell. Don´t know. Probably happened when I turned 20. viejo.
6) How many minutes do you have on you're calling card?
No idea! If I decide to use it, i´ll give you all the information
7) Did you or can you rent a cell phone for Christmas?
I´ll check!
8) Send us your calling card number so we can reload or you can do it and charge to credit card.
Deal!
9) Is there a number that we can call you?
Um you can try our cell phone. If I get back on I´ll send it.
10) How long can you talk, is there a limit imposed by the mission president?
I never heard anything, I think there might be a rule in the mission handbook, haha but i´ll read it after Christmas. I think 2 hrs is good.
Welp, if I forget something. We´ll talk right!!!
Love you all and I´m anticipating the chat very much so! Be ready for my horrible English!
e. adams
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment