skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Because they know not
That adds a little bit of a twist to my exit interview with the Stake President after my mission now that it is Pres. Clayson, he served here in bogota. I believe you said that he served here, in Bucaramanga,if so, please try and find out what barrio (sector) he served in here.
Everything is going great here in central. We continue to be placed in the path of great people who are ready to here the gospel. As of lately I have found so much truth in d&c 123, which talks about my friends ‘’who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it.’’ I then find out what now is my responsibility for these people from the following versus ‘’Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven— These should then be attended to with great aearnestness.’’
I love this work. The hand of God is in my every day life. There are so many little miracles.
WE HAD SOME FAMILY THAT WANTED TO DONATE TO JAKE ON HIS MISSION THIS CHRISTMAS. HE WANTED TO TAKE THE MONEY AND HELP THE WARD MEMBERS.
Concerning the majority of us like to see where our money goes, and out of complete gratitude for the generosity, here is where the Christmas money has gone thus far…
The ward temple trip was this weekend, and due to the financial situations of many here in barrio central, quite a few well deserving people just couldn’t make it on their own. I talked with the bishop and I let him know that there was help, we made sure that no one else knew where the money was coming from. The relief society president and her husband wanted to be sealed, but the money just wasn’t there. Their daughter began to question if the help from God would come. I’m not saying that it was divine help, but I know that God puts peoples in paths to help them and sometimes answer their prayers. They got back Saturday night, and Sunday happened to be fast and testimony meeting. I listen as Sis. Moreno (relif pres.) bore pure, beautiful testimony of the blessings she had received from the temple, she testified that that Sunday, here in bucaramanga, she knew more than ever that this is the church of Christ. I knew as I looked her in the eyes as she walked back to her bench, that she had been changed, there was a grand light in her eyes and I know that only the comfort and power that is in the House of the Lord can provide that. It was followed by the rest of the members who receive the blessings of the temple. In total 5 people were able go and feel the Love of the Lord Jesus Christ more fully than ever thanks to the generosity of our family. It was the most powerful testimony meeting I have had the privilege of being in, due to the sacrifice they had made and how they were able to bring a little bit of that pure perfect love that is in the temple in to our little chapel.
I love you all.
Aloha, (elder au, who is from Hawaii, taught me today that aloha means hello, goodbye, and I love you)
E. Adams
No comments:
Post a Comment