Monday, October 26, 2009

Have faith and prayers will be answered

It seemed as though there were a few question´s soo i´ll start by rockin those.
Did you get Mom’s package? Does FedEx deliver to Bucaramanga?
Yeah! Got the package. It was awesome. We all dined to tasty carmel corn and starburst. I think Mom won the heart of Ortwin (our investigator that is Josh´s age who is getting baptised this Thursday) with the popcorn. Thanks so for sending a Little bit of the mother land to me. I got it Tuesday, they either send it to the house of the leaders of the zone (who are going to be in my house for the next transfer) or the leaders of the zone pick it up when they go to bogota for zone leader conference. Elder Andrews mom sent his package to his house here in Bucaramanga and he had to pay like 30 dollars extra to pick it. By the way, if I'm serving in Bogota you can send it directly to my house and it wont cost anything extra.

Do Columbians like to barter as much as the Mexicans?
Yeah they love to barter. It´s che-che (fake things) central here in Bucaramanga. I love it. They actually make pretty quality shoes and belts here for next to nothing. I once talked a guy down from 40.000 to 15.000 for a sombrero. Btw i bought a pretty sweet watch this week for $3.50. I would love to send a package back home but im pretty sure its up words of 50 bucks to send from here in the buca. But i´ll check it out. When is transfer week? Does it look like you will be in Bucaramanga for Christmas?

This is the last week of the change E. Reynoso is living on this coming Wednesday, so i´ll have a new companion here in central. Pretty close to positive I´m staying here in central for this change, but have no idea for the the change after, which is right before christmas.
Any requests for what to include in your Christmas package?

A pepper shaker (with pepper ), their pepper is ghetto here If it is posible to send a can of dr. Pepper I would feel home for Christmas. I didn´t think I would miss peanut but but I do. I forgot how much I ate it at school when I was poor – like I am now. Its probably heavy though.--- I believe josh groban has a good christmas álbum which includes some mo tab. – he speaks to me (really if you could send it through the internet sooner that would rock.)

So let me start by telling the story of a wonderful girl of 20 years of age named Andreli. So we met Andreli through our english clases. A member of the Ward brought her along. We had our first lesson with her family which included Garufa (or Mr. T, whom I mentioned in an earlier email) which was boarder line contentions with his very strong beliefs intermingled with what the Jehovah Witnesses had told him. We invited her to church the coming Sunday, which she attended. We countined to teach her. In all her timidness she never really told us of her interest in the Gospel. But she made up for it which so many others lack, in her actions. She took a taxi form her house to the chapel or a house of a member so we could teach her everytime. She accepted the invitation to be baptized and she prepared for it. She had problems with the commandments. We taught her that they were going to bless her life, if she followed them. Everything was going good until she didn´t come to church two Sundays ago. We countined to call for the following 5 days and we never got through and she never returned our calls. Finally we had a lesson this past Friday with her, we talked about her baptism that was scheduled for Saturday. She expressed how she felt unqualified for baptism, then we taught her what these qualifications truely are, she excepted and 20 minutes later at 7 in the night we had the baptismal interview, and that Saturday afternoon she was baptized.
I´m not going to lie, with not hearing from her for 5 days before her baptism I was lacking a Little bit of faith for the date that we had scheduled. But I learned, and confirmed what I had been taught is that our plans and dates that we make with sincere prayer, in reality are not our plans, but are made with divine help from Him that knows all. I learned that if we work with all our energy to reach our goals, because we have faith that our prayers will be answered. Like I learned growing up playing sports. You play until the whistle blows. Like preach my góspel teaches that we do all we can to reach our goals with respecting the agency of others. Andreli is now a confirmed member of the Church of Jesus Christ, and i have faith that this very smart girl will be a blessing to barrio central.
Soo Today we went to a garden bitanical today with the brother of Ortwin that we met this past week. Pretty sweet. Bucaramanga is known in south america as `ciudad bonita` (beautiful city) because of there many many parks.
The baptism of Ortwin is planed for this coming Thursday. I love seeing the rapid change in the people we have the opportunity to teach as they accept and keep commitments to repent and come unto Christ and their willingness to take his name upon him for ever. They are all examples to me.
I kind of just kept writing today. Sorry for my very long letter.

Thanks so much for everything and I love you all so much,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment