Cambios
Cabins. Plays. Evenings with the Symphony. Classy. If you want you can make the journey to Bucaramanga and we can keep it classy by eating in chicken heart soup with the hot sun and biyanato music (the typical music of colombia, bassically mariachi music with accordian, it rocks.) Quieren? Its great!
Congrats to the abuelos for closing on the cabin. Im absoutley positive their soul intentions for buying it was to give me and my friends a place to crash before snowboarding. Thanks so much! Ha loved the comment by Grandpa about Utah.
So yeah. 4 months. 20 left. How nuts. With E. Reynoso finishing his misión its made me think a Little bit about what it will be like to leave, what things, great things I have yet to experience. And what I'll be like when im done. I feel like I have already changed so much. No worries. Just so excited for life, and the great things to come!
It's getting harder and harder to write coherently in English, or for that matter, to talk in English. I speak English for about a 20 minutes every week. Everything else is Spanish. Its been such a blessing to be immersed in Spanish, and not being able to talk in English with my companion. Honestly my highlight of the week was that my abilities with Spanish aren’t much of a concern anymore, it finally just started to click. Its just strengthens my testimony more to know that the Lord has heard my prayers for help with this language. Not saying I KNOW Spanish, for I have so so much to learn, but its just so great to know that I can finally really know and find the needs of these people. This past week we have been preparing for the coming ward conference, so we have been in divison with members with the ward throughout the week. Twas a little nervous do to the fact that I'm always with e. reynoso who has 7 months here, but it turned out great and was a great opportunity to start to step out of the footsteps of my father (your trainer is your [dad] here) and grow. Its crazy to think that im going to have to show my new companion around in three weeks.
On Saturday we had a lesson with the son of an inactive member we had invited to the ward conference. We were teaching about the restroation and why the gospel needed to be restored. He like many people in Colombia has a little knick nac store in the front of his house. And like most he sells minutes. Its actually pretty genis, they buy contracts for all the 4 cell phone service providers with free internetwork plans, and every network starts with a different area code, so when people need to use a phone, they just tell them the area code, and they give them the corresponding cell phone. Anyways, we had just taught and and quoted Joseph Smiths first vision, seconds later the person using the phone jumps on a motor cycle with the phone and speeds off. Resulting in him having to spend 20 minutes to fix the problem and ask around to see if anyone recognized the thief. Coming back discouraged, we finished the lesson with only a fragment of the Spirit that was there. Oh how satan fights to stop people from learning and receiving the blessings of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It has seemed to me, and Im probably not alone, that so often these distractions that present them selves are when we are quoting and explaining the first vision. Satan is going to do everything in his power to inhibit people to know that Joesph Smith received an answer about which church is true, and thus inhibiting these people to receive the fruits of this vision. I know that there aren’t coincidences in missionary work, so many little miracles everyday.
I love. Miss. And pray for you all. And may we all look for how much the hand of God in our lives.
Con mucho amor,
E. Adams
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment